The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DH1'
If you don't have Sigurdsson in your midfield, you're doing it wrong.

Will he be starting?

Also I completely forgot about Eriksen.
Reply 421
Original post by jam278
Will he be starting?

Also I completely forgot about Eriksen.

Yep, nailed on in the hole behind Bony most likely and on set pieces. Check out his first spell at Swansea. Was immense.

Eriksen or Lamela could be an interesting battle.
Original post by DH1'
Yep, nailed on in the hole behind Bony most likely and on set pieces. Check out his first spell at Swansea. Was immense.

I went retard mode. Thought he was still at spurs.
Original post by DH1'

Swansea have good fixtures after the opening day, BUR WBA che SOT sun NEW sto LEI.

3 'premium' mids plus Sig & 4.5 seems to be the template atm.
Team Name: Oil suckers
Current team
Team Value - 98.5m
De Gea - Krul
F.Luis - Debuchy - Mariappa - Cameron - Collins/Ferdinand
Mata - Eriksen - De Jong - Shelvey - Tiote/Albrighton
Rooney - Costa - Dzeko/Adebayor

I will change any players that are not regular starters instantly.
Also I am considering dropping my West Ham and Palace rotation because it looks like West Ham will be poor defensively this season. Could replace with B.Davies and someone or a better rotation option.
Original post by Alex Doran
Current team
Team Value - 98.5m
De Gea - Krul
F.Luis - Debuchy - Mariappa - Cameron - Collins/Ferdinand
Mata - Eriksen - De Jong - Shelvey - Tiote/Albrighton
Rooney - Costa - Dzeko/Adebayor

I will change any players that are not regular starters instantly.
Also I am considering dropping my West Ham and Palace rotation because it looks like West Ham will be poor defensively this season. Could replace with B.Davies and someone or a better rotation option.

I thought about the Palace/WHam rotation too but it just looked like a waste to bench Ward so often. Just got O'Shea to cover Palace's fixtures against the top five and Ward can play the rest.
Can we not see each others teams until the season starts?
Struggling to choose between

Hazard - Herrera - Fabregas - Nasri (Wanyama sub)

or

Hazard - Gerrard - Nasri - Ozil (Wanyama sub)

First option has two somewhat unknown entities. Fabregas hasn't played in the PL for a while but will not doubt slot right in, will he be on any set pieces though? Will he get rotated due to Chelski's midfield options? Herrera also, was excellent against LA Galaxy, looked quick, sharp, smart, nimble and aggressive coming out with direct contibution to 4 or 5 of the 7 goals. He won't be on set pieces though and while he wasnt particularly bad against Roma he didn't stand out either.

In the second option all 4 players take set pieces be, two of which are first choice penalty takers (unless costa displaces Hazard...). This is the wise money but the gamble on Herrera at only 7.5m could pay off.
Original post by King Hotpie
Can we not see each others teams until the season starts?

nope, unless if they post a screenshot. You can only see their team for the GW once the deadline has passed and the game has updated. The team will be there for the rest of the season then.
Original post by Amphiprion
Struggling to choose between

Hazard - Herrera - Fabregas - Nasri (Wanyama sub)

or

Hazard - Gerrard - Nasri - Ozil (Wanyama sub)

First option has two somewhat unknown entities. Fabregas hasn't played in the PL for a while but will not doubt slot right in, will he be on any set pieces though? Will he get rotated due to Chelski's midfield options? Herrera also, was excellent against LA Galaxy, looked quick, sharp, smart, nimble and aggressive coming out with direct contibution to 4 or 5 of the 7 goals. He won't be on set pieces though and while he wasnt particularly bad against Roma he didn't stand out either.

In the second option all 4 players take set pieces be, two of which are first choice penalty takers (unless costa displaces Hazard...). This is the wise money but the gamble on Herrera at only 7.5m could pay off.

Will Herrera be involved enough for United? I don't know enough about him tbh but I can't really see past Mata for United midfield. Especially as LVG seems to be trying to accommodate him and RVP and Rooney in their best positions.

I think Fabregas should be safe from rotation. Don't know about set pieces. He'll be a safe/good pick (or should be). It would be a waste from Mourinho if Fabregas wasn't in and around the box creating and converting chances. It is hard picking the players around 9mil though as there are so many options! Just need to get the right ones :tongue:
Nasri seems quite a popular pick. Don't see the appeal myself, although I tend to always own him at some point in the season.
Brought in Vertonghen into my defence. Forgot how awesome Pocchetino was at organising his defence at Soton and keeping clean sheets.

Got rid of Ramsey and brought in Lamela.

I'm pondering my decision to include Yaya Toure. He went in full beast mode last season, But at £11m i'm wondering if there are cheaper options who will do aswell?
in will post team name when im back home from work
Reply 434
Original post by Vintage
Brought in Vertonghen into my defence. Forgot how awesome Pocchetino was at organising his defence at Soton and keeping clean sheets.

Got rid of Ramsey and brought in Lamela.

I'm pondering my decision to include Yaya Toure. He went in full beast mode last season, But at £11m i'm wondering if there are cheaper options who will do aswell?

I've got Ben Davies at 1m less. Just hope he's nailed on now. Like the Lamela punt, although i've played it safe with Eriksen myself. I wouldn't get Yaya personally. He is due some regression, and don't see him scoring as many free kicks/penalties as he did last season. I think Hazard will be the highest scoring midfielder in the game and he's 10m, for that reason alone, don't see Yaya justifying his price this year.

Btw, do you fancy the money league again this year? £10 entry this time
Davies and Sigurdsson are two lovely and cheap signings.

Changed from Jelavic to Charlie Austin up top!

I'm ready to win this thing!!!
Original post by DH1'
I've got Ben Davies at 1m less. Just hope he's nailed on now. Like the Lamela punt, although i've played it safe with Eriksen myself. I wouldn't get Yaya personally. He is due some regression, and don't see him scoring as many free kicks/penalties as he did last season. I think Hazard will be the highest scoring midfielder in the game and he's 10m, for that reason alone, don't see Yaya justifying his price this year.

Btw, do you fancy the money league again this year? £10 entry this time

Yeah i'll do the money league. Just PM me the details. I came so close to winning it last year :frown: haha.

Ben Davies is a good shout. Vertonghen gets some goals too but he also picks up yellows.

I think you are right with Yaya, If he goes mad at the start of the season though.. That's what i'm worried about. Is Hazard guaranteed to start every game? They have a lot of attacking midfielders.

I think Lamela will hit the ground running. He's scored a few in pre-season so far. If it doesn't work i'll switch him.
Reply 437
Rooney or RVP
Original post by Qari
Rooney or RVP

I've gone for RvP at the minute. Will think about changing if need be just before season starts.
Original post by little_wizard123
Nasri seems quite a popular pick. Don't see the appeal myself, although I tend to always own him at some point in the season.

I've put him in initially, kinda hoping he has a bit of a bee in his bonnet about not getting selected for the WC and gets a sharp price boost early on. That and the fact I can't really justify any one else over him at 8.5.

Quick Reply

Latest