The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

48 points for me. Van aanholt Bellerin and wisdom not playing doesn't bode well for me though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
I can just about scrape an XI together but it looks awful. Could easily end up with about 20 points.

Trying to work out which Spurs player to bring in for the DGW. Kane doesn't count as everyone owns him.

I think I'll bring in a Spurs defender. Eriksen would be the other to buy but I can't stretch to him.

When is Chelsea's DGW?
Original post by Zerforax
I think I'll bring in a Spurs defender. Eriksen would be the other to buy but I can't stretch to him.

When is Chelsea's DGW?

GW 34 - Arsenal and then Leicester

I'll have 10 players playing too. Don't think there's any point in transferring out Kane or Eriksen as they got a DGW the GW after their blank.
Might transfer JTerry out on a hit so I can put an XI together. Any ideas? Was considering Liverpool, but City at home for a hit isn't the best of ideas.
Original post by Zerforax

When is Chelsea's DGW?

Last week in April, so a good two months away still.

I want a Spurs defender but finding one who'll play both games is tough!

Original post by Gob Bluth
Might transfer JTerry out on a hit so I can put an XI together. Any ideas? Was considering Liverpool, but City at home for a hit isn't the best of ideas.

I wouldn't take someone out for a one week punt, especially if it's for a hit.
(edited 9 years ago)

I have Terry, Hazard and Kane but I'm just going to limp through next week. Chelsea have a nice run after gw 27, and Kane is Kane.

I have 11 players, but that includes Baird and Bellerin so I doubt I'll have 11 starters. Not sure a hit is justified at that price level though.
I'm literally screwed; 6 players out for next GW.
I have 2 chelsea, 2 Spurs and 1 Leicester...
With Colback also suspended.

If I use my FT to bring in somebody, I'll still only have 9 players, and that's considering they all get a game too...

I couldn't be facing the inactive H2H opponent at a better time to be honest.
Taking silva out for Sturridge and benching Kane against Chelsea were two massive mistakes which ATM are costing me a top 10 finish

Posted from TSR Mobile
okay so i have 1 FT i'm gonna use.
taking eriksen out for a single week and then brining him back in for spurs' double GW.

i'm 0.1m shy of cazorla so that ain't happening.
sterling and nasri are both options but they both have really tough games.
tadic has barely been playing lately and mata is seriously underused at united.

anybody have any suggestions for a temporary "one week only" transfer?
in the end i'll probably go for sterling and hope he turns up against city (he usually does in all fairness).
Original post by Lúcio
taking eriksen out for a single week and then brining him back in for spurs' double GW.

i'm 0.1m shy of cazorla so that ain't happening.
sterling and nasri are both options but they both have really tough games.
tadic has barely been playing lately and mata is seriously underused at united.

anybody have any suggestions for a temporary "one week only" transfer?
in the end i'll probably go for sterling and hope he turns up against city (he usually does in all fairness).

You could just leave your transfer this week and then go ham with a spurs defender next week.
Original post by asr11
You could just leave your transfer this week and then go ham with a spurs defender next week.

the issue is that as of now, i'll only have 8 players in my GW at the weekend, and even a few of them (van aanholt and wasilewski) aren't certain to even play.
i could make it 9 with a simple swap or (like you said) i could save and use 2 FT next week.
Original post by Lúcio

I'd be very careful with that if you've owned him for a while. Can you afford to bring him back in?

If 2 of your defenders no longer play i'd look to getting rid of one of them, it's what i've just done (had Wisdom and PVA). Pretty much everyone will have 9/10 players next week, I know one guy who has 6 players not playing!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
I'd be very careful with that if you've owned him for a while. Can you afford to bring him back in?

If 2 of your defenders no longer play i'd look to getting rid of one of them, it's what i've just done (had Wisdom and PVA). Pretty much everyone will have 9/10 players next week, I know one guy who has 6 players not playing!

that's what i was considering - i'd only "lose" 0.1m for bringing him back in since i only got him fairly recently.

well it was pretty random - both PvA and wasilewski were getting decent game time and it just suddenly stopped?
i don't really know much about their respective teams - anybody have an idea as to why this happened?
i also recently swapped wisdom for a different WBA defender which was lucky.

fortunately for me, i'm up against the inactive player on H2H so i reckon i'd still win with 9 players.
his team is absolute garbage yet i'm sure he'll somehow beat me (he did last time).

would you suggest bringing in sterling for a week since he does tend to perform against city?
if not, any other suggestions?
Original post by Lúcio
z

Wasilewski is out because Leicester signed Huth in January and Upson is now fit, so he's 4th choice. No idea about PVA.
Should I get rid of Hazard and bring in:
Silva
Di Maria
or neither
Original post by dylantombides
Should I get rid of Hazard and bring in:
Silva
Di Maria
or neither

No.
Original post by sr90
Wasilewski is out because Leicester signed Huth in January and Upson is now fit, so he's 4th choice. No idea about PVA.

Really don't know what to do.
Sterling had a really bad game against Besiktas (although everybody did tbf).

He normally does really well vs city - probably just gonna go for it and brig him in.
Any points he gets will be a bonus anyway.
Even though he played for along time, this city game is too big for rodgers to not use him.
Original post by Lúcio
Really don't know what to do.
Sterling had a really bad game against Besiktas (although everybody did tbf).

He normally does really well vs city - probably just gonna go for it and brig him in.
Any points he gets will be a bonus anyway.
Even though he played for along time, this city game is too big for rodgers to not use him.

You reckon sturridge will start after playing 105 mins vs besiktas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
You reckon sturridge will start after playing 105 mins vs besiktas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It'll likely be Coutinho and Lallana behind Sterling or Balotelli imo. Balotelli deserves a start, I thought he got stuck in and put in a good performance. Won a lot of free kicks too which is always useful.

I reckon Moreno, Sterling and Sturridge could all come off the bench anyway.
It'll likely be Coutinho and Lallana behind Sterling or Balotelli imo. Balotelli deserves a start, I thought he got stuck in and put in a good performance. Won a lot of free kicks too which is always useful.

I reckon Moreno, Sterling and Sturridge could all come off the bench anyway.

Thanks, I'll just leave defoe in despite the difficult away game at United :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest