The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by SirMasterKey
So 1 week to get 10 more members. Sounds promising.

If I change De Laet to Duff then I can change Myhill to Schmeichel. Tempting.

would de laet be a point scorer? I'd keep him
and For the first couple of GW Schmeicahel has tough matches. so wouldn't do it yet
Original post by Qari
and For the first couple of GW Schmeicahel has tough matches. so wouldn't do it yet

I would ask Stiff Little Fingers, he appears to be the resideng Leicester fan in here :smile:
Original post by Qari

I would imagine he would be - certainly if we play as we did last season - he played as a wing back more than a full back- he'll likely get a fair few assist points. Ok for a couple of goals as well.

As for kasper - he's a phenomenal shot-stopper, if you still get save points then he'd be a decent choice as keeper

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 783
Original post by mccrae01
I would ask Stiff Little Fingers, he appears to be the resideng Leicester fan in here :smile:

Thanks for the info.

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
I would imagine he would be - certainly if we play as we did last season - he played as a wing back more than a winger - he'll likely get a fair few assist points. Ok for a couple of goals as well.

As for kasper - he's a phenomenal shot-stopper, if you still get save points then he'd be a decent choice as keeper

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks and this info would best help sir master key.
Kasper was always a must have for me. I'm a big fan of father and son :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Qari
Thanks for the info.

thanks and this info would best help sir master key.
Kasper was always a must have for me. I'm a big fan of father and son :biggrin:

The thing with Leicester is that I wouldn't play any of their players until after the first six gameweeks or so because they have awful fixtures.
Reply 785
Original post by mccrae01
The thing with Leicester is that I wouldn't play any of their players until after the first six gameweeks or so because they have awful fixtures.

I know what you mean. 1st GW ain't that bad. I want to see how good Schemicael is
Currently have Sturridge and Costa up front, debating whether or not to swap one of them out for Rooney. Thing is, all 3 of them have potential to be massive point scorers, and I can only afford 2. Sturridge and Costa should be the main strikers at their clubs, whilst Rooney has to compete with RVP, but its relatively new ground for them both (Costa at a new club and Sturridge without Suarez) which makes me slightly nervous about the 2 of them, plus I feel very uneasy only having 1 Utd player (Shaw) under Van Gaal, and Rooney is the only (affordable) stand out option. Any advice on the matter?
Original post by King Hotpie
Currently have Sturridge and Costa up front, debating whether or not to swap one of them out for Rooney. Thing is, all 3 of them have potential to be massive point scorers, and I can only afford 2. Sturridge and Costa should be the main strikers at their clubs, whilst Rooney has to compete with RVP, but its relatively new ground for them both (Costa at a new club and Sturridge without Suarez) which makes me slightly nervous about the 2 of them, plus I feel very uneasy only having 1 Utd player (Shaw) under Van Gaal, and Rooney is the only (affordable) stand out option. Any advice on the matter?

If you don't get a United attacker you'll regret it. First 8 games are SWA sun bur QPR lei WHU EVE wba.

Maybe bring Mata into your midfield?
Costa has been red hot in pre-season, but personally I'm going to wait a week before getting him.
Reply 789
Original post by sr90
If you don't get a United attacker you'll regret it. First 8 games are SWA sun bur QPR lei WHU EVE wba.

Maybe bring Mata into your midfield?

With no RVP Rooney is a must have
Just brought in Costa for Lukaku then done Mirrallas for Fabregas to compensate - hopefully I now have a bit more freedom if one of the expensive strikers starts playing well
Original post by Qari
With no RVP Rooney is a must have

I'm giving him an alternative in case he's dead set on his strikers.

Rooney played up top will be the best scoring striker in the game this season. Second highest scoring striker last year despite missing plenty of games through injury and rarely being deployed as a striker. Yet some people remain convinced that he'll fall out with Van Gaal and end up playing in midfield or getting dropped :tongue:
Original post by Micah Richards
Costa has been red hot in pre-season, but personally I'm going to wait a week before getting him.

Same, it's a lot of money to chance on a new player

I think right now Sturridge and Rooney are the way to go.
Especially with Sturridge being the main man at Liverpool and Rooney basically doing everything at united.
Reply 793
Original post by sr90
I'm giving him an alternative in case he's dead set on his strikers.

Rooney played up top will be the best scoring striker in the game this season. Second highest scoring striker last year despite missing plenty of games through injury and rarely being deployed as a striker. Yet some people remain convinced that he'll fall out with Van Gaal and end up playing in midfield or getting dropped :tongue:

If Rooney and RVP don't get injured like last season Unitedh have a solid strike :biggrin:
I have actually found a way to include all 3, but my midfield takes a massive hit. Bojan out, Rooney in, with Cahill and Fabregas both being shown the door for Azpilicueta and Boyd to raise the necessary 5 million. That'll give me a massive strike force, but a very weak midfield of Sterling, Rodwell, De Jong, Delph and Boyd. Not sure that'll be worth having arguably the leagues 3 most dangerous strikers (RVP excluded)... :s-smilie:. On the other hand, Sterling is getting better all the time, and De Jong could play practically as a striker at Newcastle, and he has a solid record at Ajax. If Rodwell and Delph have good seasons it might not be as poor as it looks. On the other hand, if they don't and De Jong flops it might just be embarrassing. So difficult to predict...
Team name: SnettInåtBakåt
Howard
Caulker Cahill Vlaar Shaw
Silva Ramsey Barkley Mata
Rooney Bony

Sub's: Myhill Tomkins Shelvey Zamora

I am on the official fantasy premier league one
why not post in the fantasy football thread on here? you will get a good amount of feedback from posters on there
Reply 798
I'm thinking of getting rid of Sanchez for Ramsey and Sigurdson for Mata
Sanchez's value is if he plays up front...

if he doesn't, he's definitely not worth it

Quick Reply

Latest