The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Pulis has left Palace.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
I'd not touch their players with a barge pole.

What about Caulker?
Original post by TH3-FL45H
What about Caulker?

I don't think he's particularly good tbh, what I saw of Cardiff last season from him was sloppy errors and Marshall bailing him out far too often.
Settled on this for now, going to switch out O'Shea for Colloccini after GW1 if Newcastle don't get tonked by City.

Also have my doubts about Sterling and Gerrard in the same team. I feel Sterling is likely to win some pens and Gerrard is likely to put them away but I have always avoided 2 players from the same team in any position; if the team have a bad game thats 2 players wasted. Thoughts?

Spoiler

Original post by Amphiprion
Settled on this for now, going to switch out O'Shea for Colloccini after GW1 if Newcastle don't get tonked by City.

Also have my doubts about Sterling and Gerrard in the same team. I feel Sterling is likely to win some pens and Gerrard is likely to put them away but I have always avoided 2 players from the same team in any position; if the team have a bad game thats 2 players wasted. Thoughts?

If you think both players will be the highest scorers for their price bracket then I don't see anything wrong with having both of them. Even if they are from the same team, they'll both gain from the games where Liverpool do turn up. Only disadvantage is you'll could suffer some HtH weeks I guess? But for the normal league/s I don't really see the problem.

Personally, I'd probably go with just one to start. Don't have amazing games to start with and I'm not a fan of Gerrard this year.

Spoiler

Probably the third one as it's got Mata and Rooney.
Original post by Prandtl
If you think both players will be the highest scorers for their price bracket then I don't see anything wrong with having both of them. Even if they are from the same team, they'll both gain from the games where Liverpool do turn up. Only disadvantage is you'll could suffer some HtH weeks I guess? But for the normal league/s I don't really see the problem.

Personally, I'd probably go with just one to start. Don't have amazing games to start with and I'm not a fan of Gerrard this year.

I don't see Gerrard achieving an awful lot from open play this year, he didn't really last year. He will probably take almost all their set pieces now Suarez has gone though and he has always been and always will be their #1 pen taker. Thats assists & some goals from free kicks, assists from corners and goals from pens.
Pulis has officially gone. Have to say, I am very surprised Palace let him go. Starting to doubt Ward as a good pick now, any thoughts on whether or not to drop him?
Original post by Alex Doran
Pulis has officially gone. Have to say, I am very surprised Palace let him go. Starting to doubt Ward as a good pick now, any thoughts on whether or not to drop him?

I'm definitely dropping him
Original post by Prandtl
Probably the third one as it's got Mata and Rooney.

I could easily put rooney into the others instead of costa/sturridge
Original post by Amphiprion
I don't see Gerrard achieving an awful lot from open play this year, he didn't really last year. He will probably take almost all their set pieces now Suarez has gone though and he has always been and always will be their #1 pen taker. Thats assists & some goals from free kicks, assists from corners and goals from pens.

I hadn't thought about the close freekicks at goal he'll get now Suarez was gone :beard: Was just thinking free kicks/corners for assists and penalties. Probably still not a pick for me. Will miss the odd game/half when the CL games come around. Plus there are picks I prefer at the 9m mark over him.

I could easily put rooney into the others instead of costa/sturridge

Then they'd be different teams :tongue: But that's true. In what order would you rate rooney/costa/sturridge for the first 5/6 games?
Original post by Prandtl
Then they'd be different teams :tongue: But that's true. In what order would you rate rooney/costa/sturridge for the first 5/6 games?

Rooney has the easiest games so......

I really can't decide

Begovic Myhill
Davies Debuchy Azpilicueta Caulker Hutton
Albrighton Hazard Ramsey Mata Eriksen With fabregas available to put in
Sturridge/Costa/Rooney Jovetic Bojan

Begovic Myhill
Davies Debuchy Cahill Caulker Hutton
Siggurdson Fabregas Ramsey Mata Eriksen
Costa/Rooney Jovetic Bojan

Begovic Myhill
Moore Debuchy Cahill Caulker Hutton
Albrighton Fabregas Ramsey Mata Eriksen
Costa Rooney Bojan

Fabregas or Hazard is my main question as the third front line is easily the best imo
Joined the league, Team name - S Club 11

I'm not sure whether to have silva or fabregas in my midfield and torn between jovetic and dzeko up front.

Up to now here's my team.

I'm suprised overall that Yaya Toure has only been selected by 20% of players. Especially opening against Newcastle, He ALWAYS scores against us :facepalm2:

Also does anyone know if Mangala will be starting this sunday? Seems like he could be a good buy at £6m.
(edited 9 years ago)
Any thoughts on the starting Southampton defence? Since Pulis has gone I need to replace Ward and Southampton rotate well with QPR (I have Ferdinand.) At a budget of 5m, although 4.5m would be better, who is the best option? I would guess
Clyne - Yoshida - Fonte - Bertrand
Are they all nailed on, or is 1 of them a rotation risk?
Reply 1055
Just joined. SpongeBob FC.
Screen Shot 2014-08-15 at 12.15.07.pngScreen Shot 2014-08-15 at 12.15.07.png
Best Value 5.5m Midfielder anyone? Really struggling to pick one out of the bunch.
Original post by ..DT..
Best Value 5.5m Midfielder anyone? Really struggling to pick one out of the bunch.

Dont know about 5.5 s but if you can find another 0.5 Siggurdson is very well priced at 6.0 :smile:
Original post by ..DT..

Jonjo Shelvey or Sidwell are always good shouts
Original post by Alex Doran
Any thoughts on the starting Southampton defence? Since Pulis has gone I need to replace Ward and Southampton rotate well with QPR (I have Ferdinand.) At a budget of 5m, although 4.5m would be better, who is the best option? I would guess
Clyne - Yoshida - Fonte - Bertrand
Are they all nailed on, or is 1 of them a rotation risk?

Have Clyne in my team..

Seeing as they have sold chambers, his competition - he seems pretty nailed on.

they have brought in a new CB though, cant remember his name - so I would not count on yoshida starting..

Quick Reply

Latest