The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Diego Costa pulled out of Spain squad with hamstring injury. Just got him in but will wait to see how long he's out for.
Original post by mr tim
Diego Costa pulled out of Spain squad with hamstring injury. Just got him in but will wait to see how long he's out for.

Possibly just as a precaution.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the topic of injuries...

Daniel Sturridge ‏@D_Sturridge 6m
Heartbroken soul right now believe me. Hopefully be back soon fighting fit for LFC. Nothing worse than being injured. My heads gone...

Can any Liverpool fans elaborate? Haven't seen this reported anywhere.
Original post by sr90

Heartbroken soul right now believe me. Hopefully be back soon fighting fit for LFC. Nothing worse than being injured. My heads gone... í ½í¸ª

I don't think it's serious, although that tweet is slightly concerning.

Most reports seem to suggest he may miss the Switzerland game (and one or two saying he may not make the Villa match), but that's all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

Heartbroken soul right now believe me. Hopefully be back soon fighting fit for LFC. Nothing worse than being injured. My heads gone... ������

Guardian say 2-3 weeks, Mirror say 3 weeks. FA confirmed that he's out v Switzerland and had a scan. Thankfully I got rid of him in FPL to get funds.
I have a feeling we'll be rotating Costa with Aguero and vice versa throughout the season. Hopefully one of them can stay fit at any one time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If Sturridge and Costa are injured then Balo looks a solid captain choice :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently Sturridge could be out for 3 months but not sure I believe it after some were reporting Costa out of 6 weeks only for him to start the next game.

Still gonna have to take him out. Aguero is the safer option as I'm not sure Falcao will hit the ground running but Balotelli is another option

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mr tim

I'm sticking with him. At Athletico he was doubtful half the time but always seemed to get fit. I recall a horrible looking collision with the post that looked to pug him out for weeks and he was back the next game. He's a quick healer.

Original post by Qari

not sure what to do. If I get this team I don't know who to put on bench :frown:

On wildcard? Get rid of Guzan. Villa have nasty fixtures coming up.
Sturridge in injury shocker. :rolleyes:
Reply 1950
Original post by Narcissist

On wildcard? Get rid of Guzan. Villa have nasty fixtures coming up.

Hvnt decided yet if I'm going to WC and that's what second keeper is for
I've seen anywhere from 3 weeks to 4 months reported, not believing a word until it's on the club website.

Did anyone have him anyway? Everyone i've seen is going for Sterling.
intresting to see the owernships spiking in a few players.. Sterling, sigurdsson, costa, ramsey, fab.. Rooney has dropped since the start of the season, but is still up there..

Really did not think at the start of the season that sanchez, would be my midfielder with the lowest owernship :smile:
Reply 1953
Quit the league, I am just not very good at Fantasy League for some reason.
this sturridge injury has messed me up

don't wanna risk balotelli just yet, think i'm gonna play 3-5-2 and pack my midfield with talent
di maria, sterling, ramsey, fabregas, siggy - ain't too bad
Any official word on Sturridge yet?
Original post by Alex Doran
Any official word on Sturridge yet?

Not to my knowledge, seen some people say 2-3 weeks but nothing concrete as of yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
since it looks less and less likely that rooney will be playing as an actual striker, i don't see the point of him on FF.
he may get a lot of assists and may score from set pieces, but for a striker of that cost not to be playing as a striker and more as a midfielder, i don't thikn it's worth it.

much better off having falcao, costa, sturridge (when he comes back from injury), etc...
Original post by Lúcio
since it looks less and less likely that rooney will be playing as an actual striker, i don't see the point of him on FF.
he may get a lot of assists and may score from set pieces, but for a striker of that cost not to be playing as a striker and more as a midfielder, i don't thikn it's worth it.

much better off having falcao, costa, sturridge (when he comes back from injury), etc...

I am amazed by how high his ownership still is.. He has looked dire this season, and for his price there are plenty of other options.. Can imagine a mass switch to falcao if he hits the ground running..
Guys do you think falcao will start against qpr?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest