Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My EPQ question is "How are we going to sustainably feed our rising world population with reference to climate change"
    WHat should i include in my introduction?
    Also i was planning to to do each paragraph by method (ie Urban farms) and then evaluating the effectiveness of that method, is that a good way of doing it.
    I cant ask my supervisor, as he has left the school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustHoping)
    My EPQ question is "How are we going to sustainably feed our rising world population with reference to climate change"
    WHat should i include in my introduction?
    Also i was planning to to do each paragraph by method (ie Urban farms) and then evaluating the effectiveness of that method, is that a good way of doing it.
    I cant ask my supervisor, as he has left the school.
    Heya, I'm going to put this in the Geography forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=83

ReputationRep:
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Introduction shouldn't be too long, perhaps about a third of a page. The first sentence should be broad and hook your reader into it. You should outline the issues you are writing about and mention why they are important and need to be addressed. Tell the reader which areas you have chosen to focus on and why (and if necessary, which you have had to leave out and why), and give a brief idea of how the report will be structured.

As for structure, it's up to you really. Whichever way you think will work best. I did mine on the use of micro-organisms to combat pollution, and structured it by technology (method). I gave an explanation of the method, then had a section of advantages and one of disadvantages for each technology. It worked well for me

Also, you need an advisor. If yours has left, then you should talk to your school about being given someone else to help you. Not only do you need one in order to complete all the paperwork, they're also invaluable when it comes to proof-reading and advice on issues like these.

I hope that helps, and good luck with it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.