Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Dear all potential university mates,

I will be doing LLM in international commercial law in Sept 2014.

I have never been to UK and am pretty much clueless now. I am currently looking for accommodation (too late as my first option Melton Hall is fully occupied,oh man!!).

Is it still possible to get into melton hall e.g. by writing to the university? I could not apply as the system states that it is 'fully allocated',geeez!!!

It will be great if any postgraduate student can offer some advice as to which accommodation is recommended for postgraduate (I have shortlisted broadgate, st peter and raleigh for their en suite bath room)

Regards,
    Lil

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you worry too much about not getting into Melton Hall as it is on a different campus (Jubilee Campus) to the School of Law (University Park Campus).

I think Broadgate Park would be quite good for you. I think It's a little quieter than the other halls as it's more in Beeston, and of the three you have mentioned it's the closest to University Park and Law and the library! Only about a 10 minute walk. Just when you're applying make sure you tell them you're a postgrad and would like to be put in a flat with other postgrads.

(N.B. I'm not a postgrad myself but recently graduated).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.