Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

IB medicine applicants 2015

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ainsworthadam97)
    I'm an international applicant.....I thought I had 5 choices for any Uni in the UK.

Am I missing something here?
    Yes, as above, you have 5 choices but only 4 of them can be Medicine. The fifth must be something else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaholme)
    Yes, as above, you have 5 choices but only 4 of them can be Medicine. The fifth must be something else.
    Well Oxford gives a 6 year med course....whereas there are universities with 5 year med courses.

So technically....aren't those 2 different courses...so If I go with 3, 5 year Med, universities and 2, 6 year Med, universities....can't I go around the rule.

Because technically they are all considered Med...but the courses are different.
    Is this possible for me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ainsworthadam97)
    Well Oxford gives a 6 year med course....whereas there are universities with 5 year med courses.

So technically....aren't those 2 different courses...so If I go with 3, 5 year Med, universities and 2, 6 year Med, universities....can't I go around the rule.

Because technically they are all considered Med...but the courses are different.
    Is this possible for me?
    No because they're all Medicine. There's no magic way to apply for 5, everybody has to apply for 4.

ReputationRep:
    Hi does anyone know if I would be at a disadvantage if I applied to Oxford/Cambridge for medicine without higher maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSJKSP)
    Hi does anyone know if I would be at a disadvantage if I applied to Oxford/Cambridge for medicine without higher maths?
    Doubt it, I know Cambridge medics who didn't do HL Maths. I think there's one college which asks for Maths, can't remember which.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I know that this topic is long dead but are there any IB students studying med in Leicester?

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.