ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about... studying Spanish, English Language & English Lit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clopclopclopclop)
    I'm thinking about... studying Spanish, English Language & English Lit.

Hello,clopclopclopclop!

Welcome to The Student Room! I hope you enjoy your time here! :tsr2::tsr:

Are you only thinking about learning those subjects?:stupido: If so then I would definitely check out the study help pages for the subjects as they can give a real insight to what people who are studying them are learning, and also what they think about the subjects. More specifically check out the foreign languages forum for your Spanish and the English thread for your English Lang and Lit (I did this subject at A-level, we did quite a lot of Shakespeare which I really enjoyed):top2: .

Also, on TSR there is tonnes of information about the different types of Qualification Level from GCSE, A-level and University (Including applying). :thumbsup:

But, of course, TSR is also about letting your hair down,:punk: so be sure to check out other forums to, such as the Chat forum (My favourite is the forum games) . If you have a cool hobby or interest :reel:, or you want to be inspired, check out the Hobbies and interests forum! :badger:

Lastly but not leastly. Are you getting any results this summer? :console:Then never fear! TSR is here! Take a look at the results hub! :blow::bl::bunny:

If there's anything else you need, let me know! :cookie:
    Good luck with everything!
    DougieMcpuggy!
    :thrasher:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DougieMcpuggy)
    Hello,clopclopclopclop!

Welcome to The Student Room! I hope you enjoy your time here! :tsr2::tsr:

Are you only thinking about learning those subjects?:stupido: If so then I would definitely check out the study help pages for the subjects as they can give a real insight to what people who are studying them are learning, and also what they think about the subjects. More specifically check out the foreign languages forum for your Spanish and the English thread for your English Lang and Lit (I did this subject at A-level, we did quite a lot of Shakespeare which I really enjoyed):top2: .

Also, on TSR there is tonnes of information about the different types of Qualification Level from GCSE, A-level and University (Including applying). :thumbsup:

But, of course, TSR is also about letting your hair down,:punk: so be sure to check out other forums to, such as the Chat forum (My favourite is the forum games) . If you have a cool hobby or interest :reel:, or you want to be inspired, check out the Hobbies and interests forum! :badger:

Lastly but not leastly. Are you getting any results this summer? :console:Then never fear! TSR is here! Take a look at the results hub! :blow::bl::bunny:

If there's anything else you need, let me know! :cookie:
    Good luck with everything!
    DougieMcpuggy!
    :thrasher:
    Thanks for the advice, it's appreciated. As for exam results, I'm not waiting for any. To be honest, after getting a BSc in Zoology, I decided never to return to academia. But after 10 years in the wilderness, I'm getting ichy feet. Pehaps it is boredom. Where I live, there are hardly aNy possibilities: 6,000,000 unemployed, 55% youth unemployment and things don't seem to be getting any better. Sorry, I digress.

I'd like to know if these internet sites that offer a-level courses are legit. And if the exam results are recognized by Universities in the U.K.

Kind reards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clopclopclopclop)
    Thanks for the advice, it's appreciated. As for exam results, I'm not waiting for any. To be honest, after getting a BSc in Zoology, I decided never to return to academia. But after 10 years in the wilderness, I'm getting ichy feet. Pehaps it is boredom. Where I live, there are hardly aNy possibilities: 6,000,000 unemployed, 55% youth unemployment and things don't seem to be getting any better. Sorry, I digress.

I'd like to know if these internet sites that offer a-level courses are legit. And if the exam results are recognized by Universities in the U.K.

Kind reards.
    I was going to pop you through to a thread that I saw pop up the other day. But I noticed it was started by you! :s. Really sorry nobody's replied but its a difficult one to call. My advice is BE WARY specially those who are asking for loads of money. Call up prospective (or any) universities and ask them directly they may be aware of those rogue sites because they may have had the same situation before!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.