Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Liquid/felt tip liners for beginners Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey all! I like how my eyes look when lined properly but I am quite rubbish at doing it myself. I am right handed so I usually get my right eye to look alright but then go on to completely screw up the other one. Gahh its so frustrating! Anyway, do you guys have any nice eyeliners in mind that are super easy to work? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I've been applying top liners for almost 5 years now...usually on and off, I wear it to suit my mood tbh. I started off with No.7's Not sure what its called but they have a reallllyyyy thin brush. Its like probably 5 thin bristles thin! So I wouldn't slide it across...I'd start from the centre, draw half out...then try filling the front part in.
    Its very hard to explain but it gave the finest touch to my face. I wasn't so dramatic I love easy breathable make up, plus I have green eyes so black makes my eyes look realllyyyy intense and bright which I don't like. It took me 15 mins per eye starting off, now I'm really quick with it. Although the second my skin turns flawless and I don't have dark circles I'm going to drop makeup

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Loreal Paris Superliner Perfect Slim!

Really really easy to use

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've used so many liquid eyeliners, but my favourite at the moment is one by W7 called Paint the Line. I bought it for fancy dress and preferred it to my more expensive eyeliners and this was so much cheaper! the brush is really thin and it's a bendy brush and I find it really easy to get a quick thin neat line

ReputationRep:
    Try gel eyeliners, they're game-changing to your makeup. My fave has to be the elf cream eyeliner or the new benefit push up liner.
    Always start really close to the lash line, it's more forgiving

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hope_xo)
    Hi I've used so many liquid eyeliners, but my favourite at the moment is one by W7 called Paint the Line. I bought it for fancy dress and preferred it to my more expensive eyeliners and this was so much cheaper! the brush is really thin and it's a bendy brush and I find it really easy to get a quick thin neat line
    Will check it out! The only problem is that I find it bit more difficult to work with the applicator that comes with a typical liquid liner than a felt tip one which I also suck at, but just a tad less. Thanks, though

(Original post by ayeshasaleem)
    Try gel eyeliners, they're game-changing to your makeup. My fave has to be the elf cream eyeliner or the new benefit push up liner.
    Always start really close to the lash line, it's more forgiving
    I have! I've had the maybelline one for quite some time now. I think it has dried up a bit so maybe that's why I feel like it tends to drag and skip along my lid not giving off a smooth, even line. Also the brush that came with it didn't do it for me, neither did another one that I bought with super thin bristles. Maybe I should try the think angled liner brush?

ReputationRep:
    I actually quite like the primark felt tip eyeliners. I always just start with a thin line then build each eye up so that they are equal. Then for the flick I always imagine that my bottom lid carrys on and draw where that would be... If that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minidee6.12)
    Hello! I've been applying top liners for almost 5 years now...usually on and off, I wear it to suit my mood tbh. I started off with No.7's Not sure what its called but they have a reallllyyyy thin brush. Its like probably 5 thin bristles thin! So I wouldn't slide it across...I'd start from the centre, draw half out...then try filling the front part in.
    Its very hard to explain but it gave the finest touch to my face. I wasn't so dramatic I love easy breathable make up, plus I have green eyes so black makes my eyes look realllyyyy intense and bright which I don't like. It took me 15 mins per eye starting off, now I'm really quick with it. Although the second my skin turns flawless and I don't have dark circles I'm going to drop makeup

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's amazing! I just look like I've been punched in the eyes without make up on :/ you're so lucky!
    and thanks!

(Original post by itssimplyme)
    Loreal Paris Superliner Perfect Slim!

Really really easy to use
    Yeah, been eyeing that one for a while now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayesha2112)
    Hey all! I like how my eyes look when lined properly but I am quite rubbish at doing it myself. I am right handed so I usually get my right eye to look alright but then go on to completely screw up the other one. Gahh its so frustrating! Anyway, do you guys have any nice eyeliners in mind that are super easy to work? Thanks!
    It took me ages to figure out how to do topliner But I used Rimmel Exaggerate and found it amazing to use! It's my number one eyeliner, and the brush/tip is quite firm, so you don't end up with wispy bits (if that makes sense? Cos Barry M's eyeliner tip is really flimsy and goes all over the place).

Another one that is really good if you can get the hang of it is Bourjois Liner Feutre (which is a felt tip). But be warned, you need a lot of patience to be able to get the liner to flow as you want it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    I actually quite like the primark felt tip eyeliners. I always just start with a thin line then build each eye up so that they are equal. Then for the flick I always imagine that my bottom lid carrys on and draw where that would be... If that makes sense
    It does, yes I didn't even know it existed! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Med_Geek)
    It took me ages to figure out how to do topliner But I used Rimmel Exaggerate and found it amazing to use! It's my number one eyeliner, and the brush/tip is quite firm, so you don't end up with wispy bits (if that makes sense? Cos Barry M's eyeliner tip is really flimsy and goes all over the place).

Another one that is really good if you can get the hang of it is Bourjois Liner Feutre (which is a felt tip). But be warned, you need a lot of patience to be able to get the liner to flow as you want it.
    I have the rimmel one! I just cannot work my way around it! Maybe it's because the brush is so stiff? But then again you're right, with the flimsy ones they get all over the place! Gahhh!
    I did check out the bourjois one in the store but then its price gave me a mini heartattack. Can you tell I'm frugal? Lol

ReputationRep:
    No it's all about Soap and Glory Supercat liner. I've been using liner since I was like 13/14 and I'm 18 now and have had loads of experience! It's so good and only £6. Doesn't budge.

I wrote a review here if it helps x http://gems-wonderland.blogspot.com/2014/07/soap-and-glory-supercat-eyeliner-pen.html

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.