Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I applied for a job as part time for mcdonalds and i am only 15, but 16 next month.
    they know how old i am and ive been through the interviews and OJE (on job evaluation) and i have been successful and got the job but on monday i have my welcome meeting but it has gave me a list of what to bring like passport and stuff which is fine but they have asked me to bring my national insurance number but i havent recieved one yet as im not 16. i should recieve in the next few weeks as my birthday is on the 24th of august but im not sure what to do. will this stop me from going forward as an employee? and do i need it to start work?im really unsure on wh
    at to do will someone help?
    i also rang up about the national insurance number to the h m revenue and customs people and they said they'd send it out but i dont know if they're gonna send it out any sooner and i really need it for monday.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Im sure if you let the employers know that you will receive it in a few days, they`ll understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mav455)
    Im sure if you let the employers know that you will receive it in a few days, they`ll understand
    I hope so I read you can start work without one as long as you get one as soon as possible. I have holidays booked from the 1st of august till the 15th too so they might just start me after that and ill have it by then

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.