Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there anyway I can reduce the size of a scar? Watch

I have a scar on my shoulder from when I fell over as a kid. I was taken to hospital and told I needed stiches but my parents got fed up of waiting and took me home and put a plaster on it. I now have a scar that's 3/4 cm long and 1/1.5 cm wide. It's raised slightly and it feels like there's a lump of scar tissue under the skin. The lump doesn't move but the skin moves around on top of it. It gets sore very easily and I have loads of people make comments about it in the summer. Is there anyway can reduce it? I've seen things about massage, would that work? It's not that obvious from a distance since the skin is freckled so kind of blends in, but up close it's really clear.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure but I have a pretty nasty scar on my face near my eye, from an accident when I was younger. What really helps is becoming confident in yourself to the extent that the judgments from other people won't bother you. I don't think there is anyway of learning this but it just takes time in my experience.

If you really want to cover it up maybe make up?

ReputationRep:
    Vitamin E cream for long term effects!

For short term effects- Kat Von D lock it foundation/concealer- girls and boys can use it as makeup or to cover up tattoos, scars, blemishes etc!

Only thing is, it's not available in the UK and about £40 to order online!

However, I just ordered a sample pot today which would probably last for 4 or 5 uses for £4.00 off ebay

Thanks, I've tried makeup but it just won't stay on. I hand my bag on that shoulder so it gets rubbed off, plus it never seems to 'absorb' into the skin, it just kind of sits on top. I know I need to ignore the comments but it's so hard when people start rumors that it must be self harm. Pretty hard to self harm on the back of the shoulder! It never used to bother me since I can't see it but recently it has. I suppose that's because it keeps getting sore and stupid people make comments. I would love to get rid of it. I know it's shallow to think that but I do.

ReputationRep:
    Bio-oil might help.

(Original post by moya)
    Bio-oil might help.
    I second this.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.