The Student Room Group

Yet another cry for help for A Level choices!!

Hiya everyone, so basically I'm starting sixthform in September, I chose Maths, Further Maths, English Literature and Economics, I really want to end up working in the financial sector maybe like accountancy or something else. I want to go to LSE (London school of economics) to study Finance & Accountancy or something similar at another Russel Group University.

I'm wondering if my chosen courses are good enough, because some tell me to do a language or to do physics but I really like my chosen options, I just want to know if they are acceptable for the university and career I want to go into?

Also just as a side question is this the year of students that will be doing all their AS and A2 exams at the end of the second year in May/June?:confused:
Original post by rend
Hiya everyone, so basically I'm starting sixthform in September, I chose Maths, Further Maths, English Literature and Economics, I really want to end up working in the financial sector maybe like accountancy or something else. I want to go to LSE (London school of economics) to study Finance & Accountancy or something similar at another Russel Group University.

I'm wondering if my chosen courses are good enough, because some tell me to do a language or to do physics but I really like my chosen options, I just want to know if they are acceptable for the university and career I want to go into?

Also just as a side question is this the year of students that will be doing all their AS and A2 exams at the end of the second year in May/June?:confused:

Your options look absolutely fine! Physics would probably be more helpful than English Literature and possibly even Economics, but you've got Maths and Further Maths which are the most useful subjects to be taking so it should be fine.

I don't know the answer to your second question though, sorry.
Those our good options but don't Over - push yourself
Reply 3
Original post by Chlorophile
Your options look absolutely fine! Physics would probably be more helpful than English Literature and possibly even Economics, but you've got Maths and Further Maths which are the most useful subjects to be taking so it should be fine.

I don't know the answer to your second question though, sorry.

Thank you for your help :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by UyiOo
Those our good options but don't Over - push yourself

Thanks, I'll try not to :biggrin:
Useful guide to choosing subjects here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/A_guide_to_choosing_your_sixth-form_subjects

PS. You need to look at more than just LSE - you have 5 choices on your UCAS application. A language will be useful - Finance is a global job, especially at the level you are apparently aiming at.
(edited 9 years ago)
Maybe replace English with a foreign language?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest