The Student Room Group

Why are older women/younger guys relationship almost non-existent ?

I mean even here on this forum you see girls asking all the time if 15 or 20 years difference is too much because they fancy a guy that age? I have never seen a single student age guy ask if dating a 42 yo woman is ok. A 10+ year difference where the woman is older is almost unheard of while the opposite happens all the time. Even 5 years is a rarity, never mind 15 or 20. Meanwhile there are tons of couples where the guy is at least 5, 10 or even 20 years older.
Original post by StevieA
I mean even here on this forum you see girls asking all the time if 15 or 20 years difference is too much because they fancy a guy that age? I have never seen a single student age guy ask if dating a 42 yo woman is ok. A 10+ year difference where the woman is older is almost unheard of while the opposite happens all the time. Even 5 years is a rarity, never mind 15 or 20. Meanwhile there are tons of couples where the guy is at least 5, 10 or even 20 years older.

Most women like the man to fulfill a role of masculinity ie he is the leader and protector he is stronger and dominant. A younger guy doesn't make them feel like this so they usually only consider guys the same age or older.
Because girls tend to think they are more mature than they actually are and date older guys because they think they are mature as well. What they don't realise is the guys they date are usually just as immature as the younger guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StevieA

I got approached by a 40yr old before..being 19 it was weird..:s-smilie:
I mean if it was older I probably would but for now Im probably just that bit too experienced and young for such an age difference

I am however close to a 26 yr old...however realistically the relationship wont go anywhere longterm

shell be thinking about marriage soon and Im still a teenager!

I guess thats the difference really apart from the fact that women tend to not date younger..

women are a ticking clock with regards to having kids and settling down with many wanting to be married by around 30

so..the gap cant be overly large..
Original post by Arithmeticae
Because girls tend to think they are more mature than they actually are and date older guys because they think they are mature as well. What they don't realise is the guys they date are usually just as immature as the younger guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow... I think you hit a nail on the head :0

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I can't speak for all women but I just prefer older guys, not because I think I'm more mature than I am though - 'tis just a preference :yep:

My mummy says that an older man and younger woman relationship is usually more preferable because our biological clocks are ticking away
Reply 6
Because the woman probably thinks she's having sex with her son.
Younger men look more feminine than older men and older women look more masculine than younger women.
Original post by karmacrunch
Wow... I think you hit a nail on the head :0Posted from TSR Mobile
why is that so surprising? :colonhash:
Original post by Arithmeticae
why is that so surprising? :colonhash:

I don't know? Maybe it's more surprising because someone is saying the truth :tongue:

But then I can't really vouch for guys still being immature when they're older because... I'm not a guy.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Aaron Johnson married Sam Taylor-Wood when he was 22 and she was 45. They also have two children together.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ferris Bueller
Aaron Johnson married Sam Taylor-Wood when he was 22 and she was 45. They also have two children together.

That relationship shocked me when I first heard it but it really makes me quite happy for some reason

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending