Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,

I'm a student at Strathclyde studying architecture, and since the option is open to us, I got thinking on the subject of international exchange. Having a look on the uni's page discussing it, they give a list of about 15 or so cities, primarily in Europe, that they offer exchange programs with.

My question is, if there is a country you'd be interested in studying in, is there any way to have that included on the list? Whether that includes contacting the foreign uni directly myself or whatever else, I'm really just asking whether it's possible, or if there have been any examples of this happening in the past.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and thanks in advance for any help.

Condooo

ReputationRep:
    *shameless bump*

ReputationRep:
    This is something that you should email your department and the international office about. If the list is rather short, chances are that the list is of unis that strathy will accept arcetectue credits from. So it will depend what you want from your exchange. if you want all of your classes to count towards your architecture degree, then you will have to choose from that list. But, if you don't mind taking elective credits the it is likely that you can go basically anywhere, it will just be a bit more work for you to personally sort it out. My old uni (Queen's University in Canada) had many Strathclyde students, but we don't have an architecture program.
    Hope this helps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.