This discussion is closed.
trom
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
:confused: I am really unsure where to go next year to do economics. I have all my offers in, but i'm not sure which to accept as firm and insurance, any advice or suggestions would be useful.

My offers are :

Royal Holloway - Financial and buisness economics - ABB
Essex - Economics - 300 points (bbb i thinks)
Sussex - ABB - Economics and politics - ABB
Reading - Economics - 280 points (bbc?)
Brunel - Economics - BCC

My predicted grades are BBB, but i think i can get ABB if i try, so bearing that in mind..

Where is the best place on my list for economics? Cos I know that Reading and Royal Holloway are good in general, but essex and Brunel come high up on the economics table.. its so confusing

Also, is it better to do just straight economics.. is the course at Royal Holloway a waste of time??

I really like the idea of Sussex.. but it doesnt come that high up the list and I might not get the grades. I didnt really like Royal Holloway that much, but the others are ok..

Any help would be appreciated!!
mg84
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by trom)
:confused: I am really unsure where to go next year to do economics. I have all my offers in, but i'm not sure which to accept as firm and insurance, any advice or suggestions would be useful.

My offers are :

Brunel - Economics - BCC

My predicted grades are BBB, but i think i can get ABB if i try, so bearing that in mind..

Where is the best place on my list for economics? Cos I know that Reading and Royal Holloway are good in general, but essex and Brunel come high up on the economics table.. its so confusing

Also, is it better to do just straight economics.. is the course at Royal Holloway a waste of time??

I really like the idea of Sussex.. but it doesnt come that high up the list and I might not get the grades. I didnt really like Royal Holloway that much, but the others are ok..

I've never been to any of the listed universities, but I would choose Essex. The university has a very good reputation in social sciences and top scores in TQA and RAE for Economics. Have you visited all your choices? Which did you like best?
haardti
Report 16 years ago
Choose Essex!!! One of only three 5*/24 economics departments in the UK, and one of the top ten for economics research in all of Europe! Only 45 mins. to London Liverpool Street on the train, beautiful Essex countryside nearby, etc.
tommyboy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd agree. Choose Essex. I might be biased but I do think the Economics department at Essex is absolutely excellent, and the general reputation of the university is quite good (for things like Politics, Economics, Sociology, History, Accounting...)
watford110
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by trom)

My offers are :

Brunel - Economics - BCC

If u have chosen royal holloway, c u in september, in the same class probably!!
BazTheMoney
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If I had to choose I'd go for Sussex as firm and Essex as insurence.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (42)
7.65%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (43)
7.83%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (131)
23.86%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (75)
13.66%
No, nothing has changed (171)
31.15%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (87)
15.85%

Watched Threads