Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :confused: I am really unsure where to go next year to do economics. I have all my offers in, but i'm not sure which to accept as firm and insurance, any advice or suggestions would be useful.

My offers are :

Royal Holloway - Financial and buisness economics - ABB
    Essex - Economics - 300 points (bbb i thinks)
    Sussex - ABB - Economics and politics - ABB
    Reading - Economics - 280 points (bbc?)
    Brunel - Economics - BCC

My predicted grades are BBB, but i think i can get ABB if i try, so bearing that in mind..

Where is the best place on my list for economics? Cos I know that Reading and Royal Holloway are good in general, but essex and Brunel come high up on the economics table.. its so confusing

Also, is it better to do just straight economics.. is the course at Royal Holloway a waste of time??

I really like the idea of Sussex.. but it doesnt come that high up the list and I might not get the grades. I didnt really like Royal Holloway that much, but the others are ok..

Any help would be appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trom)
    :confused: I am really unsure where to go next year to do economics. I have all my offers in, but i'm not sure which to accept as firm and insurance, any advice or suggestions would be useful.

My offers are :

Brunel - Economics - BCC

My predicted grades are BBB, but i think i can get ABB if i try, so bearing that in mind..

Where is the best place on my list for economics? Cos I know that Reading and Royal Holloway are good in general, but essex and Brunel come high up on the economics table.. its so confusing

Also, is it better to do just straight economics.. is the course at Royal Holloway a waste of time??

I really like the idea of Sussex.. but it doesnt come that high up the list and I might not get the grades. I didnt really like Royal Holloway that much, but the others are ok..

I've never been to any of the listed universities, but I would choose Essex. The university has a very good reputation in social sciences and top scores in TQA and RAE for Economics. Have you visited all your choices? Which did you like best?

ReputationRep:
    Choose Essex!!! One of only three 5*/24 economics departments in the UK, and one of the top ten for economics research in all of Europe! Only 45 mins. to London Liverpool Street on the train, beautiful Essex countryside nearby, etc.

ReputationRep:
    I'd agree. Choose Essex. I might be biased but I do think the Economics department at Essex is absolutely excellent, and the general reputation of the university is quite good (for things like Politics, Economics, Sociology, History, Accounting...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trom)

My offers are :

Brunel - Economics - BCC

If u have chosen royal holloway, c u in september, in the same class probably!!

ReputationRep:
    If I had to choose I'd go for Sussex as firm and Essex as insurence.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.