Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I just had a coil fitted and they do a routine test for chlamydia. I've been married 11 years and only ever had one sexusl partner as has he - how have I caught it?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Are you saying the test came back saying 'you have chlamydia'?

Yep and I don't see how that's possible I thought you caught it from sleeping around

ReputationRep:
    Hate to have to mention it, but maybe he's been sleeping around. Otherwise has he been in previous sexual relationships before you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't slept with anybody else then your partner *of 11 years* has cheated... Tell him to get checked out and then have a serious talk!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    You don't catch it from 'sleeping around', being sexual with one person who is infected can be enough... and this appears to be what's happened to you.

He needs to be tested too, but it is extremely likely that his test will be positive which very strongly suggests that he's had more than one partner (it doesn't need to be vaginal sex, oral sex will transmit this) and the only question is when.

Have you ever been tested for it before? If not, it's possible that you have had it for many years.

ReputationRep:
    Well, one of you isn't telling the truth here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    Well, one of you isn't telling the truth here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    and I'd guess it's the OP...time to come clean love, the jig is up. The fire crotch betrays you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.