The Student Room Group

Footballers

Okay.......Ronaldo or Messi? I mean technically both of them flopped so it should be a fairly even comparison.....
Also personally I think that CR7 was actually better at Manchester United, because he was slimmer, more nimble and agile, faster and better at tight dribbling. What do you think?
Reply 1
Original post by TheChemistryBoss
Okay.......Ronaldo or Messi? I mean technically both of them flopped so it should be a fairly even comparison.....
Also personally I think that CR7 was actually better at Manchester United, because he was slimmer, more nimble and agile, faster and better at tight dribbling. What do you think?

I'm not having a go at you here... but Messi wasn't a flop. He reached the final and was a top goal scorer. Why do people see that as being a flop?? :s-smilie:

I agree he could have been better, but when the majority of a midfield is marking you, it's hard yano?
Original post by xmertic
I'm not having a go at you here... but Messi wasn't a flop. He reached the final and was a top goal scorer. Why do people see that as being a flop?? :s-smilie:

I agree he could have been better, but when the majority of a midfield is marking you, it's hard yano?

"A top goal scorer"???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Messi
Reply 4
Original post by MrSupernova
"A top goal scorer"???

Posted from TSR Mobile

He was up there, joint third.
Original post by xmertic
He was up there, joint third.

Fair enough. Agree with everything you said though... Normally a quick way to tell if someone has no idea about football is if they think Ronaldo's better than Messi

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Fair enough. Agree with everything you said though... Normally a quick way to tell if someone has no idea about football is if they think Ronaldo's better than Messi

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha, I like both. But I prefer and think Messi is better :smile:
Like a theist and an atheist arguing over the existence of god, this is a pointless exercise. It will be impossible to change anybody's already engraved opinion on the issue so let's just end the eternal debate now by all agreeing that they're both better than Matt Jarvis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ronaldo had a better season, you can't deny that. And he is the current Ballon D'or so it's not ridiculous to make the case that he's better than Messi.
Original post by tengentoppa
Ronaldo had a better season, you can't deny that. And he is the current Ballon D'or so it's not ridiculous to make the case that he's better than Messi.

Messi had a much better World Cup, and has won more individual and team trophies /thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Messi had a much better World Cup, and has won more individual and team trophies /thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't just dismiss Ronaldo having a better season. Messi wasn't even that great in the WC? 4 goals against Bosnia, Nigeria and Iran? Hardly exceptional. He's looked lackadaisical lately, and if the question was whether you would rather have Ronaldo or Messi in your team come next season, I think a fair few managers would take Ronaldo.
You can't just dismiss Ronaldo having a better season. Messi wasn't even that great in the WC? 4 goals against Bosnia, Nigeria and Iran? Hardly exceptional. He's looked lackadaisical lately, and if the question was whether you would rather have Ronaldo or Messi in your team come next season, I think a fair few managers would take Ronaldo.

You're ignoring the fact that Messi was better in nearly every other season. Messi carried his team and was a damn sight better than Ronaldo

Posted from TSR Mobile
They're different types of players. Okay they sometimes play in the same position. generally they're both fantastic. Ronaldo did have a better season, some of the passes messi made in the wc were top class - it's not all about the number of goals scored. Overall I think they're both equally good at what they do, saying that I'm a big ronaldo fan!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ronaldo
You're ignoring the fact that Messi was better in nearly every other season. Messi carried his team and was a damn sight better than Ronaldo

Posted from TSR Mobile

The past doesn't matter, no-one is denying that Messi was better in previous seasons.

The question is, who is better now​?
The past doesn't matter, no-one is denying that Messi was better in previous seasons.

The question is, who is better now​?

Well if we look at what happened in the World Cup...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
They're two of the greatest footballers who have ever lived, probably the best two ever. I don't think either has done anything worthy of being above the other though; Messi has won a lot of trophies but he's played in a better team, so I don't like to judge it based on that. Messi's main pro over Ronaldo is that he will have been at this high level for longer than Ronaldo, as Messi got good younger than Ronaldo.

It's really impressive how they've both avoided injury for the most part too. Hopefully that doesn't change.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending