Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What if your OH proposed to you without a ring? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This has got me thinking lately. When I get married I don't plan on wearing a ring. I don't see what it symbolises. Maybe it's because I'm from East Africa and it's not in our culture. So it got me thinking girls or guys if your OH proposed but said either they didn't want you wearing one or that they did not want one would if change anything for you?

ps- if my OH wanted one I wouldn't say no to getting them one.

ReputationRep:
    The ring grants a 10% reduction to casting restoration spells.

ReputationRep:
    dump em, cheap sket

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'veGotAHadron)
    dump em, cheap sket
    Dad it mane

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't want her mobile going off during the proposal, not.

ReputationRep:
    I like gold but don't really care all that much for jewellery. She and her parents can buy me something else besides a ring and it better be darn expensive or I will definitely reject and then dump her.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't propose over the phone.

ReputationRep:
    He could propose without one but I'm damn well getting a giant diamond at some stage.

ReputationRep:
    I at least want a bloody onion ring.

ReputationRep:
    It would suggest that my OH knew me well enough to know that I'm not impressed by lumps of metal/minerals.

ReputationRep:
    If he doesn't give me an actual ring can I at least have a haribo one?

On a serious note, I don't think I'd mind not having a ring if he didn't make a point of not getting me one. If it's some principal about me not having rings then I'd probably be annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't bother me. A lot of couples I know didn't even buy the ring until the proposal was accepted, I assumed that was fairly normal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The ring symbolises that love is eternal, it has no beginning and no end. I would like a ring, doesn't have to be a diamond or anything like that. A simple one would do.
    If it was without a ring I don't know, it'd have to depend on the circumstances e.g. he can't afford it or whatever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ümmm)
    This has got me thinking lately. When I get married I don't plan on wearing a ring. I don't see what it symbolises. Maybe it's because I'm from East Africa and it's not in our culture. So it got me thinking girls or guys if your OH proposed but said either they didn't want you wearing one or that they did not want one would if change anything for you?

ps- if my OH wanted one I wouldn't say no to getting them one.
    I think I'd find it a bit odd if they proposed and actually said they didn't want me wearing a ring...
    But yeah, I like the idea of a ring being like a symbol, but it wouldn't really bother me if they proposed without one

ReputationRep:
    Girls are like children they're enamoured by shiny objects. This is why some girls even force their partners to go ring shopping before the big question has been popped.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    My husband did propose without a ring. Later that week we went to buy one.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    My partner proposed to me without a ring because he knows I'm not really fond of jewellery so he let me choose it a few days later instead. I preferred that tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wouldn't care, but I'd like to get one at some point. :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
      If I was with someone who would refuse to marry me based solely on the fact that I didn't have a ring there and then they can **** off. I don't want to marry them

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Maid Marian)
      Wouldn't care, but I'd like to get one at some point. :puppyeyes:
      (Original post by Yasmin25)
      My partner proposed to me without a ring because he knows I'm not really fond of jewellery so he let me choose it a few days later instead. I preferred that tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
      (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
      My husband did propose without a ring. Later that week we went to buy one.
      (Original post by bumblebee342)
      I think I'd find it a bit odd if they proposed and actually said they didn't want me wearing a ring...
      But yeah, I like the idea of a ring being like a symbol, but it wouldn't really bother me if they proposed without one
      If they said they did not want to wear one. Would that make any difference to you?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.