Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Totally feeling bummed theres no forum for us on here, anybody out here?
    Lol, seriously, getting lonely, guys!

ReputationRep:
    I will be starting at UHI in Sept! have you had any paperwork through from the uni yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adderlink)
    I will be starting at UHI in Sept! have you had any paperwork through from the uni yet?
    hey man no paperwork as of yet, im a little worried they may of sent it to my old address, what have you had come through? what will you be studying?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm i'm the same, was starting to get a little worried seeing as the course starts in a month and so far have only had a letter from ucas confirming my place! Going to be studying BSc Psychology, you?

ReputationRep:
    Thank God some people are studying at the UHI.

I thought I was going to be like the only one.

Only know one person who is studying where I live and they are 3rd year and I'm a 1st year aka Fresher :L

Starting induction tomorrow and officially starting my course next Monday, what about you guys?

ReputationRep:
    Starting induction on Tuesday :-)

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, I'm the only one doing my course (Sociology & Politics) good luck

ReputationRep:
    aww thanks, wow you must be in one of the remote places im hoping i get on ok but i'll soon find out

ReputationRep:
    Perth doing Applied Sciences

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying music business at Perth college UHI. I skipped onto 3rd year after doing a HND at a different college, I start classes tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, so I'm not the only UHI person here. I'm starting a MLitt in Viking Studies at Orkney in January, though it will mainly be by distance.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone studying at UHI should encourage TSR to add a sub-forum for the University. Send PMs, kick up a fuss. it's you being disadvantaged because your peers are coming to this site, seeing there's no sub-forum and quite possibly leaving without ever actually posting.

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking of starting at uni next year. Do you guys recommend it?

Ps: definitely need a sub forum!

ReputationRep:
    Autocorrect- I meant UHI not just uni!

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody on here tell me how long UHI usually takes to send out confirmation letters? My course is starting in January and I have no written proof yet that I've been accepted, so that does start to worry me a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Anndee

Have you been told you have a conditional/unconditional? I originally got through an unconditional quite quickly after applying, but because I was applying using a hnc opposed to highers, that seems to have held things up. I haven't had much contact or a specific start date either, I also start in january

ReputationRep:
    STIIIIILL waiting for a sub-forum, Powers That Be!

ReputationRep:
    Andee,

Yes, I am in the MLitt program as well, starting in January. Well, as soon as my official, final NARIC equivalency gets back to the program director. I spoke to the director of the Center for Nordic Studies there, and I look forward to getting started.

I am doing most of mine remote, as I live in the States.

ReputationRep:
    My course starts in January. Not received anything so far! Not even been given a start date. Hope UHI are not going to be this disorganised for the whole course....

ReputationRep:
    Start date is the 26th of January. I already got my conditional offer and everything else squared away. I just completed my online registration, and now I am awaiting approval by my tutor.
    I do not think that they are disorganized. I have had numerous questions and likewise have sent numerous emails. All of my emails were answered. I hope to see you in one of the video conferences. I am assuming that you have been accepted into the program.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.