Anybody studying in University of Highlands and Islands? Watch

hardcoremomma
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Totally feeling bummed theres no forum for us on here, anybody out here?
Lol, seriously, getting lonely, guys!
Adderlink
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I will be starting at UHI in Sept! have you had any paperwork through from the uni yet?
hardcoremomma
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Adderlink)
I will be starting at UHI in Sept! have you had any paperwork through from the uni yet?
hey man no paperwork as of yet, im a little worried they may of sent it to my old address, what have you had come through? what will you be studying?
Adderlink
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hmm i'm the same, was starting to get a little worried seeing as the course starts in a month and so far have only had a letter from ucas confirming my place! Going to be studying BSc Psychology, you?
MountDani
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank God some people are studying at the UHI.

I thought I was going to be like the only one.

Only know one person who is studying where I live and they are 3rd year and I'm a 1st year aka Fresher :L

Starting induction tomorrow and officially starting my course next Monday, what about you guys?
Adderlink
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Starting induction on Tuesday :-)
MountDani
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Good luck, I'm the only one doing my course (Sociology & Politics) good luck
Adderlink
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
aww thanks, wow you must be in one of the remote places im hoping i get on ok but i'll soon find out
harrietainsley
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Perth doing Applied Sciences
JuliahMusic
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm studying music business at Perth college UHI. I skipped onto 3rd year after doing a HND at a different college, I start classes tomorrow!
Anndee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wow, so I'm not the only UHI person here. I'm starting a MLitt in Viking Studies at Orkney in January, though it will mainly be by distance.
Terrorfex
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anyone studying at UHI should encourage TSR to add a sub-forum for the University. Send PMs, kick up a fuss. it's you being disadvantaged because your peers are coming to this site, seeing there's no sub-forum and quite possibly leaving without ever actually posting.
tinkles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am thinking of starting at uni next year. Do you guys recommend it?

Ps: definitely need a sub forum!
tinkles
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Autocorrect- I meant UHI not just uni!
Anndee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can anybody on here tell me how long UHI usually takes to send out confirmation letters? My course is starting in January and I have no written proof yet that I've been accepted, so that does start to worry me a bit.
tinkles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Anndee

Have you been told you have a conditional/unconditional? I originally got through an unconditional quite quickly after applying, but because I was applying using a hnc opposed to highers, that seems to have held things up. I haven't had much contact or a specific start date either, I also start in january
Terrorfex
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
STIIIIILL waiting for a sub-forum, Powers That Be!
sirdebohun
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Andee,

Yes, I am in the MLitt program as well, starting in January. Well, as soon as my official, final NARIC equivalency gets back to the program director. I spoke to the director of the Center for Nordic Studies there, and I look forward to getting started.

I am doing most of mine remote, as I live in the States.
tinkles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My course starts in January. Not received anything so far! Not even been given a start date. Hope UHI are not going to be this disorganised for the whole course....
sirdebohun
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Start date is the 26th of January. I already got my conditional offer and everything else squared away. I just completed my online registration, and now I am awaiting approval by my tutor.
I do not think that they are disorganized. I have had numerous questions and likewise have sent numerous emails. All of my emails were answered. I hope to see you in one of the video conferences. I am assuming that you have been accepted into the program.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (48)
18.82%
Labour (105)
41.18%
Liberal Democrats (52)
20.39%
Green Party (15)
5.88%
Brexit Party (7)
2.75%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.57%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)