Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, I just got on the creative and professional writing and english for October 2014 and I'm well chugged. Would love to speak with anyone going so I at least know someone. Look forward to chatting =)

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking that course I'm so nervous!

Well, if I get the results. I live in Broseley so I'm commuting.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! No one replied for ages so I was starting to worry I was the only one in a giant drafty classroom haha. Yeah I'm so nervous too! I'm from birmingham so I'm commuting too xx

ReputationRep:
    Haha x

I hadn't seen anyone else on this site who was taking the course until now, but quite a few people turned up on the open day so I was wondering why everyone had vanished.

Ah right I have to take busses until I learn how to drive, so that'll be annoying.

I've been wondering ~ you said that the course started in October, but I thought it started in September? Do you have a uni-calendar or something?

ReputationRep:
    Lol! Maybe they're not on this site. There's a group on Facebook and I've spoken to three people who're on our course so that's a giant class of five so far haha! Oh that's cool, do you have a car already? I live right next to a direct route train station so it seemed silly to go out pocket on accommodation. Plus I'm waaay to nerdy for the party scene anyway! No, freshers week starts 6th October and we start properly 13th October. I gave the uni a ring because I was being told different dates xx

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, I'm sure they'll eventually stop hiding from me, haha.
    Not yet, it'll probably take me ages to afford one. But I'm going to take my theory in a couple weeks, so at least I'll be half way there - if I pass! But yeah, I didn't think there would be any real reason to live in Wolverhampton when it isn't a long drive away

Oh thank God, I'm not alone! Everyone says that freshers week is parties and stuff, but I'm not really interested in that. xD

Nice, extra month to relax, hehe xx

ReputationRep:
    Haha join the group! I'm on there somewhere asking basically the same question with better results lol. If you find me be sure to inbox me! Good strategy, makes more sense to know how to drive now than after you get the car. I'm probably gonna have to wait until after I finish before I take lessons myself. Yeah tbh I don't understand why some people need to be paraletic, vomiting and wetting themselves to know they've had a good night out. Give me bucket of popcorn and a decent cinema ticket any day over that lol xx

ReputationRep:
    I'll be on this course too hopefully anyway!

Be good to meet everyone during freshers week

ReputationRep:
    Aw are you waiting on grades? Good luck for tomorrow then! Oh and free to PM me

ReputationRep:
    I am thank you got an uncoditional offer from my second choice, Southampton but I really hope tomorrow brings me to Wolverhmapton and sounds good!

ReputationRep:
    I've been spending the last couple days freaking out about my results, but I've finally found out that I've made the course

Yay! xx

Woo-hoo! More people! Good luck Causer94!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to both of you looking forward to seeing you at freshers! Xxx

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Have either of you enrolled yet? I'm struggling to get past the whole 'E-Vision' thing, as I don't think I have either a password or a username :/

ReputationRep:
    I've done 4 out of 5 stages of my enrolment! For your username and password you should have a student number to log in with so you can complete your enrolment for the 5th stage you have to go into the student centre to complete your ID check

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kesiah123)
    Thanks!

Have either of you enrolled yet? I'm struggling to get past the whole 'E-Vision' thing, as I don't think I have either a password or a username :/
    Check one of your letters from the uni and your student number is the one that is 7 numbers long at the top. Don't worry about your password. I just clicked forgot password and created a new one

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, I'm not sure I have that letter anymore. Oh well, haha, I'll figure it out somehow. Thanks

Do you have any idea how long I have to enroll?

ReputationRep:
    Just give the uni a call and quote your ucas number if you have to if you can't find your letter pretty sure we have until 06/10 to enrol (but don't totally take my word on that!) I can't enrol yet because of student finance *rolls eyes* so your not alone xx

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok

I think that date would make a lot of sense because I think it's welcome week? Hehe, I'm so bad with dates.
    Urgh, student finance was beyond annoying. It took me ages to get through the whole thing xxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be doing the joint English Language and Create Professional Writing, so should see you there :-)
    I live in Birmingham too so I'll be getting buses and trains every day! As far as I'm aware the welcome week starts 6th and the actual course starts the 13th xxx

ReputationRep:
    Haha, see you there! xD

I'm actually becoming really excited/nervous for University, sort of worried I won't make friends. But everyone seems nice here, so I'm not too concerned xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.