The Student Room Group

Irish university student wants to study Medicine in Italy

Hi everybody, I am a 19 year old student who has just completed first year in University College Dublin studying Politics and Economics (arts :colondollar:). I completed the Irish Leaving Cert in 2013 and did Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry, Music and French all at higher level. Over the last few months the idea of studying medicine abroad has really started to appeal to me. I have been researching it and as far as I understand I will not be able to sit the IMAT until April 2015.

If anyone would be able to outline the steps I should take to go about applying to Medical schools in Italy and how to apply for the IMAT etc etc.
I would really appreciate anybody's help as I feel quite lost right now and feel that this is the best place to search for help.
Reply 1
Original post by luke-b94
Hi everybody, I am a 19 year old student who has just completed first year in University College Dublin studying Politics and Economics (arts :colondollar:). I completed the Irish Leaving Cert in 2013 and did Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry, Music and French all at higher level. Over the last few months the idea of studying medicine abroad has really started to appeal to me. I have been researching it and as far as I understand I will not be able to sit the IMAT until April 2015.

If anyone would be able to outline the steps I should take to go about applying to Medical schools in Italy and how to apply for the IMAT etc etc.
I would really appreciate anybody's help as I feel quite lost right now and feel that this is the best place to search for help.

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply.
I sent you the same in a PM.

Just to let you know all the info i give was based on my experience and the procedure for the IMAT in 2014. From the years 2011(first released)-2014 there have been changes made so maybe next there may be some.

This year the registration opened on the 3rd March. Closed registration on the 3rd of April. The exam was on the 29th April at the same time globally across all the centers (for a list of the centers see the first link). I think you should read the first link and it will tell you pretty much everything.

Registration was thru the portal on UniversItaly.it. Cost of 120 eur.
I think you should email [email protected] to make sure you will still be accepted if you have partially finished a degree (just so you have everything covered.)

PM me for questions - more than happy to answer. Apologies if there's any delay :smile:

Websites that helped me:
http://www.universitaly.it/documenti/imat/public_notice_2014.pdf
medschools.it
http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/ (look at BMAT and IMAT)
UKCAT Verbal Reasoning section 1
BMAT Section 1 (The critical thinking section)

Ultsyn :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending