The Student Room Group

Is making sure a girl gets home safe after a date sexist?

Scroll to see replies

I'd probably just ask if she wanted me to walk her home or not :tongue:

Also acknowledging that there are certain times and areas that women are in certain amount of danger due to their gender does not have anything to do with feminism really.

Original post by ChickenMadness
If you witness a feminist being raped. Best leave her so you're not seen as sexist for helping.

I don't even...

What kind of logic leads people to say stupid things like this :/ :confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Viva Emptiness

:rofl:

I know right, she's so vulgar, suggesting women are "pick axe'd"....giving credence to the term "axe wound"...how dare she, she a traitor to the femnazis! :tongue:

See the second is hilarious, but the first one, you have to assume it's Westboro forum style satire, as in acting so seriously people aren't always 100% your joking, I'm guilty of that myself. But then from time on TSR you get used to trolls, but also become aware that some trolls are just people who...genuinely believe their crazy BS.
No way! It's just good manners!
Reply 63
they are more vulnerable because their physically weaker whether an ignorant feminist admits it or not so they especially should be made sure of getting back safe.
I don't see how it is in any way sexist. Its just being nice.
No. It's just sensible.

Often if i know the gf is coming back somewhere at nighttime i will walk to the bus/train station to meet here and walk her home. It makes us both feel better.

Edit: Especially since one of our mutual female friends did get attacked when walked alone at night fairly recently so it does happen.
Original post by StevieA
A guy would be safe with you just like the other way around? Are you bigger than the average UK male (5'9'' and around 80kg/180 pounds) and/or have extensive fighting experience?

Erm no. I meant that it is usually more difficult for girls to do that for guys because of this and the stereotypes. Thus me saying "his ego might be dented".
how on earth is that sexist? Women are naturally weaker and more vulnerable so it should be appreciated that us men do walk them home
I don't mind a guy offering but I hate the ones that keep insisting after you've said no thanks.

To all those saying women are weaker, yeah on average they are but statistically a man is more likely to be randomly attacked so perhaps women should start walking men home? (Not to protect them physically but couples are less likely to be attacked).
Maybe it's that I went to uni in a fairly dodged city, hull, but I've thought this was totally standard.
In the sense that a girl wouldn't walk a guy home to make sure he got home safe, I suppose it is. I wouldn't be offended by it, but I wouldn't expect someone to go far out of their way for this reason. I'd just take it as a nice gesture
I'd do that to another guy if it was late at night, it's just caring, girls like that. Fed up of these petty feminists and there first world issues.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending