Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting grinded on in a club ruined it for me Watch

Anon because I have a friend on here and I don't want people knowing I'm this pathetic.

So I won't deny I'm kind of a prude but it's times like this I think it's ridiculous. Bit of background- I'm 18 and recently went on my first girls holiday to Salou as it's calmer than some of the major clubbing locations. However we still wanted to club so went on this rep organised bar crawl; at first I really enjoyed it (it was my first time clubbing btw). I sodded about with my friends and that. Then in the third bar I briefly chatted to a couple of guys. Then in the 4th and final bar, one of the guys started grinding on me. It freaked me a little and I walked off (he was too drunk to really notice).

Unfortunately this one brief stupid thing has tainted my memory of the night which was generally pretty good. I don't deny this is pathetic but every time I think about the night now I just cringe. How am I supposed to remember that night fondly when I'm in this stupid state of mind?

ReputationRep:
    Its not really a stupid state of mind, but I get what you mean. I find it helps me feel better about it is I say something to the guy rather than just walk off, otherwise it eats at me that I never mentioned their inappropriate behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Gawd, you will hate life

ReputationRep:
    Had a gay guy in Norwich grind against me once, I felt violated yet somehow flattered. I wanted to KO him but he was tiny and feminine, felt too much like hitting a woman meh.

ReputationRep:
    You were on a girls holiday, in Salou, at a nightclub, having drinks, on the dance floor, chatting to guys.. and one of them came on to you!?

What's the problem here? Are you gay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leftee)
    You were on a girls holiday, in Salou, at a nightclub, having drinks, on the dance floor, chatting to guys.. and one of them came on to you!?

What's the problem here? Are you gay?
    Dat patriarchy tho!

ReputationRep:
    That's one of the few things that actually happens in clubs though. When you take away the daylight robbery prices and the awful, deafening music, all you're left with is a group of people dryhumping on the dancefloor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon because I have a friend on here and I don't want people knowing I'm this pathetic.

So I won't deny I'm kind of a prude but it's times like this I think it's ridiculous. Bit of background- I'm 18 and recently went on my first girls holiday to Salou as it's calmer than some of the major clubbing locations. However we still wanted to club so went on this rep organised bar crawl; at first I really enjoyed it (it was my first time clubbing btw). I sodded about with my friends and that. Then in the third bar I briefly chatted to a couple of guys. Then in the 4th and final bar, one of the guys started grinding on me. It freaked me a little and I walked off (he was too drunk to really notice).

Unfortunately this one brief stupid thing has tainted my memory of the night which was generally pretty good. I don't deny this is pathetic but every time I think about the night now I just cringe. How am I supposed to remember that night fondly when I'm in this stupid state of mind?
    I know you do you go to KECS Sicth form?

ReputationRep:
    ohhh, you must be a lesbian

Seriously guys can I get some actual advice rather than just being called a lesbian, which I'm not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Seriously guys can I get some actual advice rather than just being called a lesbian, which I'm not.
    Yeh, it happens unfortunately on a fairly regular basis.

There isn't really much you can do other than just look out for the drunk losers that do it.

ReputationRep:
    Should have kneed him in the balls and reported him to the bouncer.

ReputationRep:
    Just move on and tell them to f off.

ReputationRep:
    If you go to Salou and that doesn't happen, you kind of need to get down to the travel agent and ask for your money back, because they clearly sent you to the wrong place.

In all seriousness, why go somewhere like Salou if you were afraid of some sexualised body contact (in a club, no less)? Not to be unsympathetic, but you should have booked your girl's holiday in a rustic village near Avignon and had some tours of the historic vineyards of Provence.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.