Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm having real trouble finding the answer to this *anywhere*, so I just wondered if anyone had personal experience.

I'm applying for ITT in November, and as was considering applying earlier I've already pootled about on the application form and put in my qualifications and bits. Not paid or anything, though, as I never actually applied for 2014/15.

I have two questions! 1. Will UCAS wipe the form for new application-year?

And, more importantly,

2. Is there a way to get your references in place early - ie doing it now and then sending in the application when the 2015/16 applications open?

I ask because one of my references is a teacher at a school where I volunteer and she's hopeless at computers (and getting things done on time), so I don't want my application delayed by her! The ideal for me would be to get the reference submitted over the summer, and then send it off later, but if UCAS will get rid of all the info, then that's obviously useless.

I'm applying for School Direct and SCITT courses, which are competitive, so want to send my application almost as soon as they open!

I am open to the possibility I may be over-thinking

ReputationRep:
    To answer about references, i really don't think it can be submitted earlier. On the application you put in their email and when you submit your personal statement and info, only then UCAS will email your referees asking for a reference. Just email her a week or so in advance warning her, but possibly ask her this summer to have it written and ready to go for when she does get the email

ReputationRep:
    anything submitted now will go into the 2014 pot. Ucas needs to process all the new training places offered by providers for 2015 before they can go live with new applications. Providers have to submit all course details by 24th July, allocations for places need to be ratified and all sorts of stuff goes on behind the scenes so you will just have to be patient! I'd follow swarfliam's advice.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the answers! Especially about how the reference-acquiring works.

I'll just have to make sure they're on the ball!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.