Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who has been too blackpool? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I Want to visit blackpool next month for a weekend off raving. Anyone live there or been there and can tell me whether it's worth a visit ? And whether the nightlife is crazy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jokerjon)
    I Want to visit blackpool next month for a weekend off raving. Anyone live there or been there and can tell me whether it's worth a visit ? And whether the nightlife is crazy?

I live not too far from Blackpool and go a dozen times a year when the weather is nice.

It's not a great place, it is only worth going for the sun really. There are a tonne of arcades, mostly 2p slot machines however. Blackpool Tower is pretty decent if you've never done it. Sea Life centre isn't worth it, cost too much for the quality of it. Waxworks I personally haven't been, but I have heard good things. The beach isn't nearly as bad as people make out, it is clean, sand is okay, water is fine.

Nightlife... I wouldn't be able to tell you. Only been out around Preston which is about 15 miles away. A really good place for clubs and bars which is very close to Blackpool is Poulton. Give it a search on Maps. I heard it is meant to be great.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.