Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2014 Best Film Summer Blockbuster Watch

ReputationRep:
    What films coming out this summer are you most looking forward to?

Seen some already you want to share a quick review for?

Which do you think will be the best of the summer?

ReputationRep:
    The one i'm most looking forward to watching is How To Train your Dragon 2.

I know it's an animation but saw the first recently and really enjoyed it so want to see the second. it's already out in cinema so i need to get my ass in gear and go check it out.

ReputationRep:
    Train your Dragon 2 seems nice.

I know Transformers and TMNT won't deliver this summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woztar)
    Train your Dragon 2 seems nice.

I know Transformers and TMNT won't deliver this summer.
    I'm a big TMNT fan (am actually sat wearing a TMNT tshirt right now, :lol: ) and am not going to see the new one. It just looks absolutely terrible.

Such a disappointment.

You seen any lately/planning to see any?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    I'm a big TMNT fan (am actually sat wearing a TMNT tshirt right now, :lol: ) and am not going to see the new one. It just looks absolutely terrible.

Such a disappointment.

You seen any lately/planning to see any?
    Same. I love those turtles. The new movie looks awful.

I've seen Godzilla and 22 Jump Street. They were very entertaining films.

I might check out HTTYD 2.

Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woztar)
    Same. I love those turtles. The new movie looks awful.

I've seen Godzilla and 22 Jump Street. They were very entertaining films.

I might check out HTTYD 2.

Wbu?

I've been catching up on older films that are in TSR Movie Madness competition and not been watchign any new ones. Wanted to get the TSr opinion on what was worth going out to see.

How would you rate Godzilla/22 Jump street and give me a one sentence review please.

ReputationRep:
    I've been catching up on older films that are in TSR Movie Madness competition and not been watchign any new ones. Wanted to get the TSr opinion on what was worth going out to see.

How would you rate Godzilla/22 Jump street and give me a one sentence review please.
    Godzilla: Much more building of relationships between characters than smashing.

22 Jump Street: Ridiculously Funny.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Really excited for Sin City 2 personally.

ReputationRep:
    Edge of Tomorrow. Inventive and cool SF, combining action and humour, with excellent turns from Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt.

Bafflingly disappointed at the box office despite a shed load of positive reviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just a dad)
    Edge of Tomorrow. Inventive and cool SF, combining action and humour, with excellent turns from Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt.

Bafflingly disappointed at the box office despite a shed load of positive reviews.
    I have heard good things about this. Am tempted.

Anything else coming out in future tempting you to shell out for the cinema again?

ReputationRep:
    I have heard good things about this. Am tempted.

Anything else coming out in future tempting you to shell out for the cinema again?
    I was pleasantly surprised by Rise of the Planet of the Apes, so might well see 'Dawn of ...'.

You should see Edge of Tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just a dad)
    I was pleasantly surprised by Rise of the Planet of the Apes, so might well see 'Dawn of ...'.

You should see Edge of Tomorrow.

I also enjoyed Rise Of... , forgot Dawn of... was out this year. Thought it was next year...

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully it will be Jupiter Ascending. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is good though.

ReputationRep:
    Planet Of The Apes
    Transformers 4
    Guardians Of The Galaxy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How To Train a Dragon 2. Its already out, but I cant wait to go see it

ReputationRep:
    Seen The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Godzilla, Bad Neighbours and 22 Jump Street. All good apart from Godzilla which I thought was absolute crap. The one I'm really looking forward to is Dawn of the Planet of the Apes though.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    How to Train Your Dragon 2 but I'll just wait until it comes out on dvd to watch it probably since I'm skint atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukip72)
    Seen The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Godzilla, Bad Neighbours and 22 Jump Street. All good apart from Godzilla which I thought was absolute crap. The one I'm really looking forward to is Dawn of the Planet of the Apes though.

Wanna give me a quick rating out of 10 for each film? :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Wanna give me a quick rating out of 10 for each film? :ahee:
    Sure, I've seen a few more than what I posted before:

Noah 8.5/10
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 8/10
    22 Jump Street 8/10
    Bad Neighbours 7.5/10
    Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 7.5/10
    Non-Stop 7/10
    Godzilla 3/10

It's not a blockbuster but the best film of the year so far is Boyhood IMHO.

ReputationRep:
    I've just watched dawn of the planet of the apes and it is by far my favourite film this year 8.5/10

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.