Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay finally got my DSA letter well not letter but an email. So I booked my assessment.

But I'm kind of worried about it. I suffer from anxiety and panic so it will be kind of difficult for me to tell them how it affects my studying. I wrote down a list of things, but kind of worried because its a mental health issue some people may not take it serious.

ReputationRep:
    There's no need to worry. The assessors are professional people and see hundreds of students each year, many of whom will have "invisible" problems. They will be trained and experienced in dealing with all kinds of problems. The written list will be very helpful for both them and you.

ReputationRep:
    They are not there to try and catch you out - they are there to help. Don't worry.

I suffer with mental health and a neurological condition and most of the time I look outwardly fine, lots of illnesses have no outward symptoms so you are not alone.

ReputationRep:
    They are really helpful, I have had a experience with ATOS and I was really really worried. But the assessor was fab and really useful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had my assessment today and it went really well. Got recommended a few things.

But one thing strikes me was that overall it was 2 1/2 hours long and my assessor said that the cost is going to come out of the general allowance. He said it was £600.. I was sitting there thinking WTF?

Why the hell is it soo expensive? I'm kinda upset because as I have been recommended to get funding for accommodation for ensuite/ I would have to pay a shortfall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thats SFE's directive. They decided last year that the cost of the assessment was to come out of general allowance which is set to a maximum of £1724 a year. An assessment cost anything from £500-750 depending on the centre. Why so much- just look at all the kit we have to have, on top of staff costs and audit costs to be registered by DSA-QAG at around £4500 per year.

Its unlikely SFE will agree to pay any additional cost for en suite accommodation now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala121)
    Okay finally got my DSA letter well not letter but an email. So I booked my assessment.

But I'm kind of worried about it. I suffer from anxiety and panic so it will be kind of difficult for me to tell them how it affects my studying. I wrote down a list of things, but kind of worried because its a mental health issue some people may not take it serious.
    Theres no need to be nervouse at all- I had mine yesterday for dyslexia and they were so nice. They are trying to level the playing field and give people with disabilities or spesific learning dificulties a fighting chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cassie.n-l)
    Theres no need to be nervouse at all- I had mine yesterday for dyslexia and they were so nice. They are trying to level the playing field and give people with disabilities or spesific learning dificulties a fighting chance.
    I had min already it went great and got my report a few days ago

ReputationRep:
    How do I go about DSA and student finance wales,ready for when I start my degree in jan?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala121)
    I had my assessment today and it went really well. Got recommended a few things.

But one thing strikes me was that overall it was 2 1/2 hours long and my assessor said that the cost is going to come out of the general allowance. He said it was £600.. I was sitting there thinking WTF?

Why the hell is it soo expensive? I'm kinda upset because as I have been recommended to get funding for accommodation for ensuite/ I would have to pay a shortfall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have mine on Tuesday, I didn't think it would take so long! What sort of questions do they ask?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.