The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth Uni Extended Science

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah I think we have to apply through ucas again and they stop taking applications in January, so I'll have to make my mind up soon! :smile:
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 21
Ah fairs, yeah better get deciding haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soxtrot
Haha im a "mature student" :frown: im going to be the oldest arnt I lol. Im 26 ! Will have to dust the cobwebs off my brain :tongue:

I'm 23 but will be 24 by the time the course starts! So I'm not too much younger than you :smile:
Original post by TessyWessy
Hi, slightly mature student myself I'm 23, I haven't heard anything from the uni since I received my offer. Are any of you from Plymouth? :smile: I think the start date is the 22nd September.

Hey I'm 23 and starting extended science in September too! I'm from Buckinghamshire so really far away.
Reply 24
Original post by brionyybeee
I'm 23 but will be 24 by the time the course starts! So I'm not too much younger than you :smile:

Haha I feel a bit better now, hello to you too then!
Are you going to be staying in halls then? What would you like to study after?
bucks is a fair drive but not too bad, you will love it here :biggrin:
Reply 25
Hey, that is a bit of a journey to get to Plymouth, are you going to be staying in halls then? :smile:
No I'm hoping to find a shared house rather than living in halls, it would be cool to live with other mature students starting this September. Where are you guys going to be living?
Reply 27
It will probably be full of young people in halls, I already live in Plymouth so I'll just stay living at home. It might be difficult to find shared accommodation this close to September. :smile:
Reply 28
I'll be living in halls :smile: and if you live close anyway it shouldn't be too bad commuting to the uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Hey all, just turning 27 and starting extended science in September too, feel a lot better now though knowing I'm not the only oldie haha.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Onestep
Hey all, just turning 27 and starting extended science in September too, feel a lot better now though knowing I'm not the only oldie haha.

Haha, Hi! What degree do you want to progress onto after?

And also which 2 sciences is everyone picking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
No I'm hoping to find a shared house rather than living in halls, it would be cool to live with other mature students starting this September. Where are you guys going to be living?

Me too, I'm still looking at the moment but there are a few places going
around Mutley. One of them won't charge a deposit if three people apply together.
Reply 32
Original post by KeyBag

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, well after I sort out my walking stick, pension and get me a old yeller dog, I think I might move onto Environmental Science.

And Probably Bio/Chem.

What about you?
Reply 33
Original post by Onestep
Hey, well after I sort out my walking stick, pension and get me a old yeller dog, I think I might move onto Environmental Science.

And Probably Bio/Chem.

What about you?

Haha you're not that bloody old :P and ah I wanna so Enviro Science too and Physics/Chem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KeyBag

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm picking biology and chemistry, I think I want to go on to biology or environmental biology aftwerwards but I'm not completely decided yet.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Onestep
Me too, I'm still looking at the moment but there are a few places going
around Mutley. One of them won't charge a deposit if three people apply together.

Mutley is where I'm looking, my friend who went to Plymouth university a few years ago said it's ok there and it's close to the campus. I've found a few places I like on spareroom just worried who I'll end up living with as I want a sociable house
Reply 36
Mutley is where I'm looking, my friend who went to Plymouth university a few years ago said it's ok there and it's close to the campus. I've found a few places I like on spareroom just worried who I'll end up living with as I want a sociable house

Yea there is always that risk, I think alot of people tend to move house again after the first year due to that reason. I guess all you can do is hope or move in with friends.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 37
I'm going to pick Biology and Chemistry, Mutley is the most popular place for students it's right next to the uni and town :smile:
Reply 38
Yes! I wont be the only OAP! Haha. I live in plymouth so its just a bus journey for me.
Will probably pick Biology and Chemistry... Although Physics would probably suit what I want to do more.
Yes if you get a shared house up Mutley or North hill you will be close to campus and nightlife. The room sizes are usually fairly decent as they are mostly old victorian houses converted into student lets.
Onestep your 2 months older than me :smile: its a small victory but im taking it! :biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by TessyWessy
It will probably be full of young people in halls, I already live in Plymouth so I'll just stay living at home. It might be difficult to find shared accommodation this close to September. :smile:

I also live at home here in plymouth - I was hoping to drive in but i think i'm being a bit naive, there was only like 3 parking spaces!
Its been a while since I caught a bus, i guess im going to have to work out the timetable :biggrin:
Are you able to walk in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending