TSR Movie Madness: Group F SF2: Inception v 3. Raiders of the Lost Ark Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Group F Semi Final 2
    Inception
    84.48%
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    15.52%

ReputationRep:
    Movie Madness is an event pitting 64 films against each other in a tournament where only one will triumph (to find out more,click here).
    Who will progress to the next round? You decide.

Inception (2010)
    Christopher Nolan's big budget blockbuster showed the world (and especially Hollywood studios) that expensive films could credit their audiences with intelligence and still turn a handsome profit. Dealing in dreams with large portions of the film taking place in different characters' subconscious, Nolan takes a complicated story and expresses it in a way that makes it feel wonderfully intuitive.

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
    The first modern outing for legendary archaeologist Indiana Jones, this film harks back to a simpler age, when everything George Lucas touched turned to gold and franchises weren't ruined by fridges. Arguably the greatest adventure film ever made, this film has it all - including booby trapped temples, ancient mysticism, and Nazis with their faces melting off.

ReputationRep:
    Inception is leading 11-1 atm. This is going to be an ass kicking it seems. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe people are mistaking it for the latest one? :holmes:
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I love Indiana Jones films, and they're iconic. I haven't seen the Crystal Skull. But I really think Inception was an incredible film and time will be kinder to it than Indiana Jones.

ReputationRep:
    Inception. I haven't seen the other one. And inception was pretty great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarcasmrules)
    Maybe people are mistaking it for the latest one? :holmes:
    I think people appreciate the awesomeness of Inception more than Indiana jones. Evne though jones was a good film it's not the same level of good as Inception.

ReputationRep:
    I really liked inception though I think it's a bit overrated. It's an interesting idea and there's some fun bits with bending the world and no gravity but a lot of folk thought it was one of the best ever and I don't think it is. However I never even made it all the way through Raiders.

ReputationRep:
    Wow thought this would've been much closer. I like Indiana jones, but come on.. Inception over the raiders of the lost ark any day

ReputationRep:
    Just lol at the votes. Love me some Inception
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Inception - another fine Nolan.

Raiders - in a year with one of the worst Bond films ever, this showed how to do an adventure film. Almost perfect. Pity about most of the second one, and all of the fourth.

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a runaway success for Inception. I think I may have to give that film a second chance. The first time I watched it I found it so exposition heavy, it was like sitting through a 2 hour lecture so you would be able to understand the last half hour of the film.

ReputationRep:
    We. must. go. deeperrrrr :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    Raiders is making a bit of a comeback but it looks like too little too late.

Up to 20% of the vote now though when at one point it was about 6%.

ReputationRep:
    Raiders getting absolutely trounced

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prandtl)
    Raiders getting absolutely trounced

I'm rewatching Raiders this very second and it's good but it's no inception.

Maybe people have recently heard it being ripped into by Aimee on The Big Bang Theory so think it's stupid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    I'm rewatching Raiders this very second and it's good but it's no inception.

Maybe people have recently heard it being ripped into by Aimee on The Big Bang Theory so think it's stupid?
    Stopped watching TBBT a while ago but youtubed. Funny although it's maybe not really the point of the movie

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.