Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i'm about to start uni and i was just wondering, if i were to graduate with a degree in engineering, can i then apply for a post graduate study at the same or different uni? And after completing post grad study, does that mean i have two degrees?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilovemaths96)
    i'm about to start uni and i was just wondering, if i were to graduate with a degree in engineering, can i then apply for a post graduate study at the same or different uni? And after completing post grad study, does that mean i have two degrees?
    You can apply for postgrad anywhere you like that has a course which suits you. You would then have an undergraduate degree and a postgraduate degree, so two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    You can apply for postgrad anywhere you like that has a course which suits you. You would then have an undergraduate degree and a postgraduate degree, so two.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    You'll end up with two degrees, one at a higher level than the other (like GCSEs vs A Levels).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    You'll end up with two degrees, one at a higher level than the other (like GCSEs vs A Levels).
    if you finish one degree can you then apply through ucas for another?

ReputationRep:
    If you want to do a postgraduate degree, then you will usually apply via the university which runs the course.

You can apply for a second undergraduate degree via UCAS if you want to, but you won't get Student Finance for most second degrees.

ReputationRep:
    and to add to what klix88 has said there is no student finance for postgraduate degrees either- you either pay yourself, get a career development loan if you can or compete for a very limited pool of scholarships. An MEng on the other hand just uses up an extra year of student finance

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys for the very helpful replies indeed

ReputationRep:
    Remember, for a postgraduate degree you will need a 2i or First class honours degree. This is necessary to get a place, and to apply for competitive funding - there is no automatic Student Finance at postgrad level.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.