Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It's so hot Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Steam is coming of my face, ya know what I am saying.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you're saying. This weather is so beautiful though.

ReputationRep:
    Try wearing a hijab in this heat :lol:

Its 32 degrees tomorrow peeps! won't be leaving the house until it comes down to 22 degrees!

ReputationRep:
    If it helps the Air con in TSR towers is really nice. I'm a perfect temperature right now.

Was too hot when i went out at lunchtime though. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    There is a 60% chance of a heatwave tomorrow. Check the map to see if you are affected.
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/w...tab=heatHealth

It's already pretty hot in London... presumably tomorrow will be unbearable.

ReputationRep:
    I have an air conditioner in my house but it's only in the living room, everywhere else is boiling, especially my room (bye-bye sleep). One of the reasons I hate the summer.

ReputationRep:
    The weather must be painful for you as a very furry cat :nope:

ReputationRep:
    Fan currently blasting in my face: check
    Windows wide open: check
    Door wide open: check

ReputationRep:
    Help me, PLEASEEEEEEE, I'm melting.

ReputationRep:
    My office is ridiculously warm this time of year. It's so hot in here I'm sweating by just typing.

Fortunately, I'm in IT and thus have access to our air conditioned server room.

ReputationRep:
    Literally sitting in epsom melting :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    There is a 60% chance of a heatwave tomorrow. Check the map to see if you are affected.
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/w...tab=heatHealth

It's already pretty hot in London... presumably tomorrow will be unbearable.
    Its already unbearable -_-

I just had to carry home my 10kg rucksack of shopping and now I think I may actually be dying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Its already unbearable -_-

I just had to carry home my 10kg rucksack of shopping and now I think I may actually be dying.
    OMG. Drink water, get in the shade. Relax. It's over! :cool:

Did you come by tube? It's always worst in the tube at this time of year. I try to take buses when I can.

ReputationRep:
    It's a perfect 16deg C in TSR towers right now. :cool:

I'm just chilling out nicely.

ReputationRep:
    It's not really.
    High 20s is quite nice. Only qualifies as "so" or "too" hot once it's getting close to/over 40.

It's only because our weather is so guff normally that this feels vaguely warm. We don't do proper cold or proper warm here.

ReputationRep:
    Sitting in my living room. I did the curtains because too much sunlight was coming in. It's not too bad in here but I walked into my kitchen and almost died. The tiles were warm!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Try wearing a hijab in this heat :lol:
    Top tip : Dont!

ReputationRep:
    How hot is it in the Uk today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    How hot is it in the Uk today?
    Depending on where you are, anything from 21-27C, but with local conditions making that feel like 23-30odd.

ie, not really that hot at all, but because we're used to such mediocre weather and get acclimatised to that, anything slightly above or slightly below makes us paranoid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    OMG. Drink water, get in the shade. Relax. It's over! :cool:

Did you come by tube? It's always worst in the tube at this time of year. I try to take buses when I can.
    Nah I just walked into Lewisham centre, there's no tube here only DLR and trains so haven't had to do much tubing since I arrived!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.