Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't like my friends anymore; they have become nasty Watch

In yr11 i was so happy with my group of friends. The core of us, about 7 were close and there were several oter 'branches' who we hung out with. In the beginning of yr12, new people came to the school. Not many, but for some reason most joined our group. My old close circle are pretty much *****es now, who either judge me for turning down guys as i don't want a boyfriend (not in a good place at home, they know this) or for the amount that i work. Keep in mind, this is the 'nerdy' group.

My best friend has become an attention seeker, who only comes to me if she has a problem.

Entering yr 13, i don't know what to do. Its the last year of school so the friendship groups are pretty set. There are a couple of people i still like, but as i don't have many lessons with them i don't know how to 'join' them.

Sorry its so long, any tips?

ReputationRep:
    A levels will do that to you.

Isn't school for studying instead of making friends :smug:

ReputationRep:
    Ignore the *****ing, be pleasant, get your grades and get to Uni! Where you'll probably be able to make a new friend group!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This seems to be literally everyone right now...year 12 stress is just breaking us.
    My group have been happy pretty much this whole year but suddenly a petty argument erupted for no reason.
    This lead to people just pissing each other off (seeing the same people everyday can be a bit too much) and though I love me friends...I think every one needs a break!
    You've only got a year to go and the good memories that you've made as a group should keep you stuck together.
    If not then well, meh, only got a year left!

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately people change. If your 'friends' have changed for the worst, stick to you right values And try to focus on your work and keep in touch with the good ones after school (if it's not possible in school). Afterall, yr 13 is too important to have any unnecessary distractions.

ReputationRep:
    Ditch dem. I don't want any friends in Sixth form :lol:

But i know what ya mean babs. HATE it when others join the group. Like odd numbers never work out.
    2's work. But not 3's. So go away -.-

I won't class them as friends if they don't understand me. Or don't make me happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Ditch dem. I don't want any friends in Sixth form :lol:

But i know what ya mean babs. HATE it when others join the group. Like odd numbers never work out.
    2's work. But not 3's. So go away -.-

I won't class them as friends if they don't understand me. Or don't make me happy.
    Totally get ya babs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Totally get ya babs
    hmhmm! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    as you get older you make newer better friends it doesn't matter about them seriously

ReputationRep:
    Friends are overrated anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I left all my friends pretty much in year 13, they already thought I was pretty wierd anyway, because I didn't enjoy the normal things a teenager should. Ie not drinking, volunteering because I enjoyed it, helping people in public. you know all those things that if you do as a teenager you get laughed at. Year 13 goes really quickly and It's a really good opportunity to get comfortable with yourself and feel more confident in who you are.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.