Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi

If someone could give me some advice I would be grateful.

My Brother was with a girl for around a year, I am 20, my Brother and his girlfriend are 21.

They had an argument and broke up which is fine, but she also punched my brother in his face and threw a bottle of wine at him. Obviously my Brother was very upset about it, he had a black eye!

Being his Sister this upset me to see my Brother so upset and to say I was fuming was a bit of an understatement. I phoned her and I told her to come and punch me in the face, like come and start something with me if she wants a fight, not with someone who wont hit her back!, she kept hanging up on me.

So I then messaged her and told her that I was going to shave all her hair off and scatter it around Manchester, which really was an empty threat. Obviously I'm not going to shave someone's hair off and scatter it around, I'm not a complete psycho.

Her Mum phoned me today and told me that her Daughter is going through hell because of me, she's scared to leave her house and that she actually thinks I'm going to attack her if she does. She has also been having anxiety attacks over it. She told me she had reported me to the police and saved my message and I will be hearing from them soon.

So what do I do guys? I was just trying to stick up for my Brother. Will I get into trouble just for making a threat to somebody?

ReputationRep:
    TL;DR

Both of you are childish, grow up and forget about it

ReputationRep:
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine, just tell the police what she did to your brother and everything you said here and theylle just tell you not to do it again of you haven't been involved with them before.

She sounds like the worst and to be honest the police will probably be more interested in the fact she physically assaulted your brother.

ReputationRep:
    You should tell your brother to press charges against his girlfriend, it's not okay for her to attack him physically regardless of what was said or done

And what you've described constitutes anti-social behaviour, namely harassment and using threats of violence to instill fear. If she really has contacted the police you'll have to explain your side of the story and it probably won't go any further than that

(Original post by Anonymοοse)
    You should tell your brother to press charges against his girlfriend, it's not okay for her to attack him physically regardless of what was said or done

And what you've described constitutes anti-social behaviour, namely harassment and using threats of violence to instill fear. If she really has contacted the police you'll have to explain your side of the story and it probably won't go any further than that
    So I wont lose my job or anything?

ReputationRep:
    Leave it, reply to the mother saying she should not have domestically assaulted your brother you would not of said such things and say she's lucky your not going to the polices. Then add you will leave her alone as it was in the spur of the moment (not an empty threat as the conveys weakness) but she it too keep away from your brother otherwise you will report her to the police...

Simples *squeak*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I wont lose my job or anything?
    See above post ^

No, any sane judge, policeman etc would be understanding and charges would not stick anyway in this situation seeing she physically assaulted your brother.

ReputationRep:
    Can understand why you reacted in that way for your bro (thumbs up in some respects for that). But by the sounds think you've got your 'revenge'. Doubt you will get in trouble....feel its an empty threat from the bit**s mum.....if she has filed a police complaint she must be one stupid tart given her daughter has just assaulted someone.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing will happen, dont worry.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her to control her psycho ***** daughter.

Top tip: if you're going to threaten someone NEVER do it where there's written evidence. Say it to their face or over the phone

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.