Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Birmingham University Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I was wondering if Birmingham University because it is in the Russel Group is regarded as one of the best universities for mental health nursing?

Would this be any advantage of any sort when searching for my career, or does it not really matter? OR can you name better universities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troytheboy)
    Hey guys, I was wondering if Birmingham University because it is in the Russel Group is regarded as one of the best universities for mental health nursing?

Would this be any advantage of any sort when searching for my career, or does it not really matter? OR can you name better universities?
    This thread is probably better placed in Nursing and Midwifery than Advice on Everyday Issues, I've moved it for you.

With nursing, as it is with similar courses like physiotherapy or even medicine, university "prestige" doesn't really matter. The course content for nursing has to meet set criteria from the NMC, so that the standard of nurses joining the register is constant. Your best bet with selecting a university to study nursing is to go and visit the place, see if you like it there, how they teach stuff, what facilities they have and so on. You're going to be living there for the best part of three years (at least) so it's best to choose somewhere you like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonkatt)
    This thread is probably better placed in Nursing and Midwifery than Advice on Everyday Issues, I've moved it for you.

With nursing, as it is with similar courses like physiotherapy or even medicine, university "prestige" doesn't really matter. The course content for nursing has to meet set criteria from the NMC, so that the standard of nurses joining the register is constant. Your best bet with selecting a university to study nursing is to go and visit the place, see if you like it there, how they teach stuff, what facilities they have and so on. You're going to be living there for the best part of three years (at least) so it's best to choose somewhere you like
    Haha you are great moon. You have answered so many of my previous questions. I would enjoy living in Birmingham but I can also join the queen Alexandra nursing core and do part time psychiatric training alongside my uni to up my profile and gain extra qualities I may need 'if' I become a nursing director

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.