Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dove's Nail Thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This is where I will keep track of my nail art and share/take recommendations with/from you guys. If anyone has any suggestions you'd like to see me attempt, put them down and I'll give em a go!

A couple to start off with
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Omg those are amazing! I wish I could do those but I can barely even paint my nails one colour without making a mess :cry:

Also, I love your hair in your avatar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yololo)
    Omg those are amazing! I wish I could do those but I can barely even paint my nails one colour without making a mess :cry:

Also, I love your hair in your avatar
    I spend a lot of time trying out different ideas and techniques (confession, I never do the designs on my left hand, just the base colour I've used for that finger on my right hand :mmm:)

Aw thanks, me too but I no longer have the fringe and the red's gone :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeceitfulDove)
    I spend a lot of time trying out different ideas and techniques (confession, I never do the designs on my left hand, just the base colour I've used for that finger on my right hand :mmm:)

Aw thanks, me too but I no longer have the fringe and the red's gone :lol:
    How do you do the blue one with the print on it! It's amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieleannexo)
    How do you do the blue one with the print on it! It's amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Choose your base coat (looks better on cream), when its dry, rip off strips of newspaper and leave them to soak in water/vodka (I used water for a faded look, in alcohol it comes out a darker black). Hold the strips down over the nail hard for about 45 seconds, peel strip off, leave it ten minutes then apply top coat

ReputationRep:
    Choose your base coat (looks better on cream), when its dry, rip off strips of newspaper and leave them to soak in water/vodka (I used water for a faded look, in alcohol it comes out a darker black). Hold the strips down over the nail hard for about 45 seconds, peel strip off, leave it ten minutes then apply top coat
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I tried LOTR nails. My ring inscription smudged and I had to go over it thick and it ruined it :huff: the blue ones are supposed to be silhouettes, yanno, on their travels, but I'm not sure you can quite make that out. I'm meh on these.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I tried LOTR nails. My ring inscription smudged and I had to go over it thick and it ruined it :huff: the blue ones are supposed to be silhouettes, yanno, on their travels, but I'm not sure you can quite make that out. I'm meh on these.
    That's some serious nerd right there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    That's some serious nerd right there.
    Sha'aaaap I'm cool I swear :huff:

Have you seen the pokemon ones? :ninja: also did Futurama...

ReputationRep:
    Sha'aaaap I'm cool I swear :huff:

Have you seen the pokemon ones? :ninja: also did Futurama...
    As a fellow nerd you get my approval. :yy:

You are very talented

ReputationRep:
    Wow!! this shoes nail art design is really awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RehaShaikh)
    Wow!! this shoes nail art design is really awesome!
    Thanks pretty simple one to do, too

ReputationRep:
    Clean mani with floral feature nail today
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Clean mani with floral feature nail today
    Just Pretty!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.