Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I see a lot of people expressing concern over certain subjects, exams and grades.

This is a thread dedicated to those concerns - share them.

-------------------------------------------------

I sat 17 exams this summer and was really concerned about History... purely because I want/wanted the A/A* in it the most out of all of my subjects.

It turns out the Physics, German Reading AND German Listening were absolute disasters. Horrible exams. (AQA A Unit 2 and OCR)

ReputationRep:
    Bleh those AQA science exams were mean!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorwell)
    Bleh those AQA science exams were mean!

I agree for physics but I thought the other two were fabulous! As I am

STAR THE MAGNIFICENT

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling okay for results day, I think I got (almost) all the grades I want.

The only ones I am worried about are Maths which I REALLY hope I got an A in but probably got a B and Science which I'm hoping for AAA but probably got BBB. Wouldn't mind an AAB in Science though.

There's also Art which I know I got a C in, though I'm hoping even though the chances are so low that after moderation I somehow magically go up to a low B.

Geography I want an A or at least a B, though I think I got a C due to a horrid coursework marking disaster that caused me to get a D in my coursework when it should be at least a B grade. I'm hoping even after the D in the coursework my exams make up for it and I get at least a borderline B and not a C.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    I'm feeling okay for results day, I think I got (almost) all the grades I want.

The only ones I am worried about are Maths which I REALLY hope I got an A in but probably got a B and Science which I'm hoping for AAA but probably got BBB. Wouldn't mind an AAB in Science though.

There's also Art which I know I got a C in, though I'm hoping even though the chances are so low that after moderation I somehow magically go up to a low B.

Geography I want an A or at least a B, though I think I got a C due to a horrid coursework marking disaster that caused me to get a D in my coursework when it should be at least a B grade. I'm hoping even after the D in the coursework my exams make up for it and I get at least a borderline B and not a C.
    What were your boards and tiers?x

ReputationRep:
    My maths exams went horrible, I was averaging 80 in my past papers but I don't think I'm even going to get an A
    Biology B2 AQA was horrible, the data questions put me off completely when I knew the content (but then again that's biology for you)
    Everything else was okay, not amazingly great but meh.
    I'm hoping for 5A*s, 5As and a B (ergh I hate Spanish) but I think get 7As and 4Bs, which is totally fine for some people but I've work hard so will be disappointed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayJay-C19)
    What were your boards and tiers?x
    Sorry for the late reply.

Maths - Edexcel Higher
    Science - Triple Edexcel Higher
    Art - AQA Tierless Fine Art Spec

Geography - Edexcel Spec A
    CW - Tierless
    Unit 1 - Higher
    Unit 2 - Foundation (Whole school did Foundation for this unit)
    Unit 3 - Higher

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for at least all A's but I might get a C or D in AQA literature because I didn't read the poems or the books.... Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    Science edexcel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    Sorry for the late reply.

Maths - Edexcel Higher
    Science - Triple Edexcel Higher
    Art - AQA Tierless Fine Art Spec

Geography - Edexcel Spec A
    CW - Tierless
    Unit 1 - Higher
    Unit 2 - Foundation (Whole school did Foundation for this unit)
    Unit 3 - Higher
    Ah, I did Edexcel for English (both), Math and AQA A for Science.

ReputationRep:
    I see a lot of people expressing concern over certain subjects, exams and grades.

This is a thread dedicated to those concerns - share them.

-------------------------------------------------

I sat 17 exams this summer and was really concerned about History... purely because I want/wanted the A/A* in it the most out of all of my subjects.

It turns out the Physics, German Reading AND German Listening were absolute disasters. Horrible exams. (AQA A Unit 2 and OCR)
    I'm just going into year11, so there's that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strom)
    I'm just going into year11, so there's that.

Cool;

ReputationRep:
    Worried for English purely because you never know. I feel like my points were very theory-based but hopefully I explained myself well..I suppose with my essays it will go one way or the other. Also worried for German because the exam were awful, hopefully I'll scrape an A overall including the coursework! Those two results are the scariest tbh, the other exams went well so hopefully I'll reach my personal targets..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I found myself worried about almost all the subjects!

I roughly calculated how many marks I lost after the exams. If my estimations are somewhat accurate I should be able to get my target grades in most subjects, but you never know...My instinct could be totally wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToLiveInADream)
    Worried for English purely because you never know. I feel like my points were very theory-based but hopefully I explained myself well..I suppose with my essays it will go one way or the other. Also worried for German because the exam were awful, hopefully I'll scrape an A overall including the coursework! Those two results are the scariest tbh, the other exams went well so hopefully I'll reach my personal targets..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am worried for English because of what you said also; I thought Poetry went amazingly though. I'm worried for History because I really want an A but I think our teachers failed us to be fair.

I'm also worried for German! The papers were vile. Physics was the same.

Good luck though x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WinterWind)
    I found myself worried about almost all the subjects!

I roughly calculated how many marks I lost after the exams. If my estimations are somewhat accurate I should be able to get my target grades in most subjects, but you never know...My instinct could be totally wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do the same thing! Drive myself mad about them, calculating marks and all that. It's just because so much rides on them and one of the exams I am fearing the results for most, is the one I need as I want to do it, hopefully, at Cambridge (History) x

ReputationRep:
    Cool;
    yh

ReputationRep:
    I do the same thing! Drive myself mad about them, calculating marks and all that. It's just because so much rides on them and one of the exams I am fearing the results for most, is the one I need as I want to do it, hopefully, at Cambridge (History) x
    History at Cambridge is also my dream! What particular aspects in history are you interested in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToLiveInADream)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you do AQA English literature?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WinterWind)
    History at Cambridge is also my dream! What particular aspects in history are you interested in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yuck! I hated history which exam board did you use and which modules?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.