Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have red marks left from spots which i think are probably scars. Is there any way of them fading as they are around my mouth area and they make me feel really self conscious and i hate how my skin looks without makeup- any tips/advice?

ReputationRep:
    Are they flat? If you run your fingers over them, does it feel like regular skin? If so, it's probably just hyperpigmentation. This fades on it's own over time but there are a lot of things people do to make it fade faster.

1. Exfoliate - this gets rid of dead skin cells and helps clear the redness faster.
    2. Moisturise regularly.
    3. No matter what people say, DO NOT use bleaching creams. These will make your skin more sensitive to the sun and could make the marks darker.
    4. Always put on sun cream. Prolonged exposure to the sun can darken the marks.
    5. Use bio-oil or re-gen cream, they're both supposed to fade these marks.
    6. You can make a homemade mask out of RAW honey (make sure it's definitely the raw stuff!) and pure aloe vera gel (you can find this fairly cheap on ebay or in pharmacies). The honey is antibacterial and the aloe vera is healing.

Hope this helps you!

ReputationRep:
    If you think that is bad, I have a pretty noticeable scar by my right eye.

The reason for it? A beyblade once flew into my face. :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBookThief)
    Are they flat? If you run your fingers over them, does it feel like regular skin? If so, it's probably just hyperpigmentation. This fades on it's own over time but there are a lot of things people do to make it fade faster.

1. Exfoliate - this gets rid of dead skin cells and helps clear the redness faster.
    2. Moisturise regularly.
    3. No matter what people say, DO NOT use bleaching creams. These will make your skin more sensitive to the sun and could make the marks darker.
    4. Always put on sun cream. Prolonged exposure to the sun can darken the marks.
    5. Use bio-oil or re-gen cream, they're both supposed to fade these marks.
    6. You can make a homemade mask out of RAW honey (make sure it's definitely the raw stuff!) and pure aloe vera gel (you can find this fairly cheap on ebay or in pharmacies). The honey is antibacterial and the aloe vera is healing.

Hope this helps you!
    Thank you! I do most of these things anyway but i will give the masks a go! Some are slightly raised :/

ReputationRep:
    I second the suggestion of bio oil. I have similar scarring which faded quite a bit after I started using rescue oil (same as bio oil but cheaper) as a moisturiser. These scars were about a decade old and it took a couple of months of daily use to make a difference. Im assuming yours are newer so it might work more quickly/fade them more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.