Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are the best ways to handle the 'Price is too expensive' objection in Sales? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I always have trouble with this one. 'Too expensive'. I work in bed sales, selling beds to people.

These are some responses I use - 'It's a great price for the quality and most beds are going to be similar in price as beds are always going to be more on the expensive side if that make sense?'

'Is it worth it for a bed you really need right now, I suspect the right bed is a priority right now?'

'How much would you value this bed at then?' or 'How far away are we to meeting an acceptable price'

'What would be your ideal price? you have to keep in mind that it'll last you 10 years also and it's a one off payment so you're deffinatley getting your value'?

'How does the price compare to your previous bed?'

'I understand how you feel but what most customers find is that a bed is an investment and it's worth paying extra for a comfier bed then cheaper for a less desirable bed'.

'For that price you also get free delivery and no add ons, so it's not just for the bed, whenever it's convenient for you it'll be delivered so you have complete control and freedom, as well as the freedom of a money back guarantee'.

I would also welcome your feedback on some of my objections, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CryptoidAlien)
    I always have trouble with this one. 'Too expensive'. I work in bed sales, selling beds to people.

These are some responses I use - 'It's a great price for the quality and most beds are going to be similar in price as beds are always going to be more on the expensive side if that make sense?'

'Is it worth it for a bed you really need right now, I suspect the right bed is a priority right now?'

'How much would you value this bed at then?' or 'How far away are we to meeting an acceptable price'

'What would be your ideal price? you have to keep in mind that it'll last you 10 years also and it's a one off payment so you're deffinatley getting your value'?

'How does the price compare to your previous bed?'

'I understand how you feel but what most customers find is that a bed is an investment and it's worth paying extra for a comfier bed then cheaper for a less desirable bed'.

'For that price you also get free delivery and no add ons, so it's not just for the bed, whenever it's convenient for you it'll be delivered so you have complete control and freedom, as well as the freedom of a money back guarantee'.

I would also welcome your feedback on some of my objections, thanks.
    Hey. not sure if you work offers like a payment scheme, so they pay it off ever month, that tends to go down well.

Example.

Customer: Oh thats quite expensive, £250.
    Sales peson: Well if thats the case, we do offer a payment schemes which is more afforable and will suit your needs, it is £25 upfront, and £25 for the next 10months.

OR

Customer: Oh thats quite expensive, £250.
    Sales: Well hink about it this way, you can that bit exta for a better quality bed that will last you 10 years, or you can pay £150 for a bed that may only last you half the time period.

Just Ideas, i dont sell beds :L

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.