I'm really struggling in deciding to come up with a topic for my EPQ. I wish to go into Law in the future and although my EPQ does not affect my prospects for it deeply I would like my topic to be something that would show my heightened interest for a particular topic. Despite being interested in a fair few general ideas I am finding it difficult to come up with a debatable question. I am not limited to the following topics but I do have a great degree of interest in them:
- The internet/technology and how it affects us
- Something related to the past empires of the world (Genghis Khan?) (Ottoman Empire?)
- The monarchy and how relevant it is in today's society/Is it the best (or worst) option
- Arab-Israeli conflict
- The Middle East (something about the Middle East, not too sure what though)
- Animals (strangely different from the other topics but might help if I look at it in relation to Animals and laws surrounding them)
Would appreciate all your input, thank you!
Need help deciding on an EPQ (Extended Project Qualification) topic/question? Watch
- Thread Starter
- 17-07-2014 19:39
- 17-07-2014 20:11
Although totally unrelated to your topics I did mine last year on the issues surrounding the legalization of Doctor Assisted Dying and as there is a lot of research I was able to do really well and found it so interesting (got an A*); part of the evaluation of the EP refers to you suggesting how you could extend your research- I suggested investigating the specific laws and past legal battles, with comparisons to different countries. I suppose you could incorporate your first topic if you were to include the internet's influence on attitudes and laws etc- you can include so much in this!
That's my two cents anyway- hopefully it helps some
oh p.s.- my EPQ lowered a university offer by a grade so they can be really useful as something other than example of work