Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you saw someone being raped, what do you think is more important? Watch

ReputationRep:
    When you see someone being raped, whether that's female or male and presumably you approach to get rid of the rapist, would you run after him/her to capture them for the police before assisting the person? or would you assist the person who has just been raped first, but the person gets away?

I had a debate with a friend, and he think's you should assist the person first, because of the traumatising experience, but I don't, this means that the vulgar rapist can get away more easily.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Its a tricky situation and I probably wouldn't know exactly what I would do unless I were in that situation but right now, I reckon I would help the victim first. I'm not good at running either so the rapist would easily get away from me. I would happily give details of their appearance to the police though and help in any other way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    chase them, bet the victim would get a kick out of seeing them thrown in jail

ReputationRep:
    Chase down the and pound him into submission, and then return to the victim like Rocky at the end of Rocky

ReputationRep:
    I'd deff help the victim, I don't think I'd leave someone in that state and besides, if that person has just raped someone, they're very likely to try and do something bad to you in some way if you caught them, besides, I wouldn't be able to get them I'd just fail miserably so I'd help the victim :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshale)
    When you see someone being raped, whether that's female or male and presumably you approach to get rid of the rapist, would you run after him/her to capture them for the police before assisting the person? or would you assist the person who has just been raped first, but the person gets away?

I had a debate with a friend, and he think's you should assist the person first, because of the traumatising experience, but I don't, this means that the vulgar rapist can get away more easily.
    I think it depends. If you could uh.. Let's say deal with the situation quickly, I would

If you had to leave the victim to chase them then no I wouldn't

ReputationRep:
    If i was capable of subduing the rapist then i would , but otherwise i would rush to the victim's aid first.

ReputationRep:
    What help does the victim need? Apprehending the rapist is good because at a stroke you could "save" five or ten more women. And it's a practicality that has to be dealt with there and then. You can come back and do the Blitz spirit stuff after, I can't see how you'd even be far enough away from the victim that you'd be out of sight. If the rapist had a good head start and/or looked dangerous I might be more inclined to stick with the victim.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rape the rapist. See how he/she likes it.

ReputationRep:
    Chase the rapist and call the feds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afghan Warrior)
    I'd rape the rapist. See how he/she likes it.
    Then you'd become a rapist. A rapist can't rape a rapist

ReputationRep:
    Probably chase the rapist, I don't know tbh though.

I remember in school some of my mates managed to save a girl a few years above us from being raped. They were walking down a secluded lane and saw her being attacked and basically being raped. My mates were about 14 at the time she was about 16, they managed to chase the guy away. He was later caught tried and convicted on the evidence of the girl and my mates.

ReputationRep:
    chase the rapist, pin him down, then shove your fist up he's you know what.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Then you'd become a rapist. A rapist can't rape a rapist
    Unfortunately so. Yeah they can, well I'm positive that the rapist will not enjoy them self if I have sex with them, because I shall do it my own way and make them feel what victims out there feel .

But on a serious note, I'll run after the rapist and call the police first
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Help the victim by catching the bad guy

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd obviously just help the victim as it's very unlikely I could restrain the rapist :erm:
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

interesting question. obviously you dont want to leave the victim alone. but you want to catch the guy who did it. im assuming theres no one else around.

what happens if you chase after and catch the rapist phone the police and the police arrive but the victim has gone and doent report it. you wouldnt have enough proof to support you and could be charged with assult.

i dont know what i would do. obviously i would intervene but stay or chase. i dont know

ReputationRep:
      I am not very agile or strong, so chasing after them would result in a massive failure. I'd probably try to at least catch a good view of their appearance before going back to the obviously traumatised victim. Then at least with a description, I could report the incident to the police.

ReputationRep:
      I fail at running so I guess I'd stay with the victim.

ReputationRep:
      I'm a good runner so I would chase down the scum however, what can I do when I have caught him/her?

Sure I can restrain a woman whilst waiting for the police, but holding a big lad isn't going to be easy without hurting him.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.