Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Working 9-5, for a year as an intern... will I get used to it and enjoy it? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm going to be honest, I want to do a placement to gain experience, money and skills that will benefit me in my final year.

Only two things are, and I must admit, I am
    1. A bit lazy. I sleep at like 01:30 A.M. and get up at 10 A.M. If I start working I have to get up a lot earlier, and I know it will take a long time to get used to.
    2. Relied upon by others. At the moment, I have to drop off my siblings to school and asked to do tasks last minute by my parents.

My question is, a few months within a placement, will I enjoy it and get used to the working life?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    working 9-5? word on the street is its quite a way to make a living.

ReputationRep:
    No you won't, sorry.

It's like the death of your childhood rabbit, you learn to live with it, but you never get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    Paid or unpaid? If unpaid, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotfireLegend)
    Paid or unpaid? If unpaid, no.
    Paid, but not a lot of money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    No you won't, sorry.

It's like the death of your childhood rabbit, you learn to live with it, but you never get used to it.
    Right. I mean its only a year, imagine if I graduate without this experience and enter the workplace for the very first time?

No experience, and by then it would be hard to find jobs with a year contract or so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by po10tial)
    Paid, but not a lot of money
    Is it minimum, at least?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotfireLegend)
    Is it minimum, at least?
    Slightly above but enough to keep me happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by po10tial)
    Slightly above but enough to keep me happy
    Good.

ReputationRep:
    Just do it man

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.