Turn on thread page Beta

Art Gcse!!!!!!!!!!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    HI, i will be doing art gcse

please can you tell me how it is graded and how it is possible to get an 'a'.

Im fair at art and will wotk my but offfffffffff! Do the teachers give you advice, and can you give me advice.

I am very good at essay based subjects so should i change

iF I DO GET A 'C' WILL UNIVERSITIES TAKE IT INTO ACCOUNT!

Pleas help!

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I really need replys, they would be greatly appreciated - please!

ReputationRep:
    art gcse is graded the same as any other gcse. You can get A*, A, B, C, etc.

Universities dont care about GCSE's as long as you have good A-levels.

Of course teachers give advice, its their job.

ps: art gcse is a dos. V v v easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lagz)
    I don't agree with you on that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lagz)
    art gcse is graded the same as any other gcse. You can get A*, A, B, C, etc.

Of course teachers give advice, its their job.

Well i dont think it was very easy...cos u hav to do alot of work!
    And universities do look at ure gcse grades too, but obviously u need dem for ure colleges!

For the exam, make sure u do something ure gonna enjoy doing and are confident in the media u r gonna use...also make sure it links well to ure sketchbook

ReputationRep:
    Art is not easy.

Well it's probably easy if you're producing good work all through, but NEVER EVER EVER keep putting work off until the last few months of year 11, unless you want your life to have all the work you need to do hanging over you.

Details of the marking...

Each project is assessed on four Assessment Objectives, you get a mark out of 25 for each...

AO1 - Direct observation - drawings or photos from real life
    AO2 - Research - things that inspired you, such as other artists
    AO3 - Experimentation - the easiest section
    AO4 - Final Piece - the quality of the final work

That gets you a mark out of 100 for each project. Approx grades: A*=94, A=83, B=71, C=60. D=50, E=40, F=30, G=25 I think, well that's what our teacher told us.

You do three courseworks, each worth 20% of your final grade. Then an exam which is worth 40%. The exam is basically like a coursework project, but you have to do the final piece in 10 hours in exam conditions. So 75% of the exam mark you actually get for work done outside the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys kidding me? Art GCSE hard? That's ridiculous! Even art A-Level isn't hard! Time-consuming, granted, but not difficult at all. Tis why I can't understand how plp get even a C for art, especially GCSE. It's extremely easy to pass with at least a B - don't worry (if you're still worrying). I mean, I know plp in my school who are rubbish at art and still get a B. At school they don't wanna know about quality - they mostly just want quantity. If you got what you need in your design sheets, you're done. But of course the quality side boosts things up a little.

But don't worry about Art. It's the one and only exam I never worry about. Hehe my teachers are at a loss how I produce 4 design sheets at A-Level when I talk all day everyday every lesson

If you get good A-Levels your GCSEs shouldn't be a problem. Art requirements are ever so low at univs. Besides, you'd probably have done a foundation year before going to study art at uni, which would again be more important than GCSE. Apparently uni don't even respect A-Level art very much - I doubt they'll look too closely at your GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Are you guys kidding me? Art GCSE hard? That's ridiculous! Even art A-Level isn't hard! Time-consuming, granted, but not difficult at all. Tis why I can't understand how plp get even a C for art, especially GCSE. It's extremely easy to pass with at least a B - don't worry (if you're still worrying). I mean, I know plp in my school who are rubbish at art and still get a B. At school they don't wanna know about quality - they mostly just want quantity. If you got what you need in your design sheets, you're done. But of course the quality side boosts things up a little.

But don't worry about Art. It's the one and only exam I never worry about. Hehe my teachers are at a loss how I produce 4 design sheets at A-Level when I talk all day everyday every lesson

If you get good A-Levels your GCSEs shouldn't be a problem. Art requirements are ever so low at univs. Besides, you'd probably have done a foundation year before going to study art at uni, which would again be more important than GCSE. Apparently uni don't even respect A-Level art very much - I doubt they'll look too closely at your GCSEs.
    Please stop digging up old art threads!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    If you get good A-Levels your GCSEs shouldn't be a problem. Apparently uni don't even respect A-Level art very much - I doubt they'll look too closely at your GCSEs.
    As hornblower mentioned earlier - this is not always true! A an example, Nottingham state in their prospectus that they require at least 6 A grades at GCSE for medicine

[I know this is an old thread, but I thought this deserved saying]

(Original post by Lagz)
    I must disagree!! Art gcse is not a dos, to get the higher grades you must be able to produce work of a highish standard and show development..plus aswell as the standard of work the quantity must also be substansial..this requires work!! A tip, If you throughout the year you will do better and won't be as stressed when it comes to handing everything in. Working through the night for 3 weeks is not the best way to produce half of your folder of work, because the standard will slip

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.