Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What Books will you Read over the Summer? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I will be reading the CHERUB series books from Man vs Beast and hopefully, I will read up to The Sleepwalker.

What is your favourite book, and what books will you be reading over the holiday's?

ReputationRep:
    According to my Goodreads account I have 298 books on my to-read list.

I've made a short list of books that I want to read over the summer. They are mainly philosophy books as I've been putting those off until I have the time to fully digest them without work/exams looming ahead.

In terms of fiction, I'd like to get ahead with the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. I started the Hogfather recently, and I've also got Going Postal. Those will be a nice break from the bulky philosophy books I've got.

I've also gained an interest for short stories recently; I bought Lydia Davis' collection of short stories, and I have a collection of Vladimir Nabokov's short stories as well (one of my favorite writers).
    Ooh, and after finishing The Metamorphosis I've also bought The Trial by Kafka. A Hundred Years of Solitude is also on my summer list; its been on my list for ages, but by adding it to my summer list I'm going to make sure I get through it within these two months! Oh, and I've also added two of Steinbeck's novels: Grapes of Wrath and East of Eden to my list.

Plus my friends bought me a £50 Waterstones giftcard for my birthday so I can buy even more lovely books!

..I may have gotten a little carried away with my to-read lists.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a few physics related books, but for fiction I've got Lolita, Brave New World, the Knife of Never Letting Go (and sequels) and 3 Sophocles plays. May also reread The Explorer by James Smythe because I really enjoyed it the first time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angury)
    According to my Goodreads account I have 298 books on my to-read list.

I've made a short list of books that I want to read over the summer. They are mainly philosophy books as I've been putting those off until I have the time to fully digest them without work/exams looming ahead.

In terms of fiction, I'd like to get ahead with the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. I started the Hogfather recently, and I've also got Going Postal. Those will be a nice break from the bulky philosophy books I've got.

I've also gained an interest for short stories recently; I bought Lydia Davis' collection of short stories, and I have a collection of Vladimir Nabokov's short stories as well (one of my favorite writers).
    Ooh, and after finishing The Metamorphosis I've also bought The Trial by Kafka. A Hundred Years of Solitude is also on my summer list; its been on my list for ages, but by adding it to my summer list I'm going to make sure I get through it within these two months! Oh, and I've also added two of Steinbeck's novels: Grapes of Wrath and East of Eden to my list.

Plus my friends bought me a £50 Waterstones giftcard for my birthday so I can buy even more lovely books!

..I may have gotten a little carried away with my to-read lists.
    I want to read the trial too! I've read a bit of it in waterstones but had to drag myself away from it because I already have soooo many books to read. I've got to read moby ****, the illiad, ulysses, paradise lost/regained and a bunch of others haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Catcher, TFioS, Gatsby, maybe Slaughterhouse

ReputationRep:
    Going to read some classics. Have already read Pride and Prejudice. I'm planning on reading Emma, Mansfield Park, Sense and Sensibility. Will probably read 'Rebecca' as well as I end up reading that book every summer.

ReputationRep:
    Fan girl
    The reluctant fundamentalist
    We were liars
    Paper towns
    The statistical probability of love at first sight
    Eleanor and park

ReputationRep:
    Im still a teen at heart so ill be reading Bloodlines by Richelle Mead, Fourivergent Story collection by Veronica Roth and many other teen/adult fictions on Wattpad
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Well the genres I'm going to be specifically reading are-
    Crime- Nesbo, Patterson, Hurwitz
    Thrillers- I want to finish the Game series
    Mystery-
    Classics- 1984, Brave New World, To Kill a Mocking Bird
    Humour- I liked the Rosie Project

If anyone has any recommendations tell me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.