The Student Room Group

Section 2 Gamsat

Hi guys, i'm hoping to do the gamsat this September but i'm really really stuck on how i should prepare for section 2. Could anyone give me any advise on what they did to prepare for it. Thank you!!!
Reply 1
I sat this exam twice and improved my score in this section by continuous practice of writing essays. If you have griffiths gamsat review there is a 5 step plan on how to form your essays that should help.
Reply 2
Thank you :smile: how long did you spend preparing for the gamsat?
My preparation was very minimal, I brainstormed themes and that was basically it. I managed to score 74.
I work better under pressure and with Gamsat essays it's more about how you convey your argument as opposed to the actual argument.

If you can plan an argumentative essay you'll be fine.
Reply 4
Biochemical Wizard - couldn't have said it better myself
Reply 5
74 :O wow that is amazing!!! What is the maximum mark you can get in the gamsat? How did you guys do and prepare for the other sections?
Reply 6
Original post by apple69
74 :O wow that is amazing!!! What is the maximum mark you can get in the gamsat? How did you guys do and prepare for the other sections?

Theoretical max is 100. Though in practice anything above 65 is rather good and anything 75+ is impressive. Sorry Biochemical Wizard, that score is pretty tame :colone:
Reply 7
How long did you guys prepare for the gamsat? and did you all get into medicine?
Lol, I am not too fussed. I guess stating that the score was in the top 1% sounds better.
I was simply trying to emphasise that practise does not necessarily make perfect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending