The Student Room Group

Have you ever had a '' bent'' MOT ?

Have you ever had a pass on a MOT that statistically your vehicle should have failed according to the computer or whatever?

I have once on the emissions, examiner bent the rules and gave it a pass though
Are you a nark?
:rofl: at Friggerpants post
Yeah, anti roll bar linkages deteriorated. Still trying to get them sorted 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mattcam94
Yeah, anti roll bar linkages deteriorated. Think the only reason he passed it is because I use to do a bit of work there. Still trying to get them sorted 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was assuming this was going to be the opposite situation where they fail you and hope you will pay for the service to get it through a re-test. I think the other way round would be too risky since they could cause someone to carry on driving a really unsafe car, I guess if it was still safe they might wink it through for you.
Reply 6
I've never had one done, but I bought a car which had an 'MOT', but became apparent over the couple of months that I had it that it was a very dodgy MOT and the car really shouldn't have passed.
Reply 8
Yes. Many!
Not personally, but I know a few people who have. It's always been little things, not unsafe just not up to standard, and based on trust that the person will get it fixed. Where I got for MOTs is good though as they will usually fix the problem and then pass it without charging for a retest, just the cost of fixing it. Very good as it saved me £30 this year when my car failed on one number plate bulb (which I'd checked the day before).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending