Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys i'm freaking out about results day and i'm scared of not getting into Leeds met.

So i got a Conditional offer from Leeds met for 300 UCAS points, that i know i wont get and i and made that clear to the uni when they interviewed me and they still made me an offer (this was back in January) But i seen on there website today for this academy year (2014) they put only 180 UCAS points for the course. Does this mean they have already lowed the grade to attract people when it comes to clearing??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyle1415)
    Hi guys i'm freaking out about results day and i'm scared of not getting into Leeds met.

So i got a Conditional offer from Leeds met for 300 UCAS points, that i know i wont get and i and made that clear to the uni when they interviewed me and they still made me an offer (this was back in January) But i seen on there website today for this academy year (2014) they put only 180 UCAS points for the course. Does this mean they have already lowed the grade to attract people when it comes to clearing??
    Hey, I've already got my grades, I got BCC and applied for a course (animation) that was 300 ucas points, meaning I'd need BBB. I was given an unconditional offer, it also said you only need 180 ucas points, it's really confusing. But I wouldn't worry about it too much, if you told them you wouldn't get the grades then they probably accepted you because you were right for the course regardless

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advise really helped. Your doing animation i'm doing Filmmaking where did you get into?

ReputationRep:
    Leeds met good luck with your grades! Although I'm sure you needn't worry

ReputationRep:
    HAHA no way thats where i hoping on going small world.

ReputationRep:
    I know haha, is your course in the electric press?

ReputationRep:
    yeah probably see you about. where abouts you staying?

ReputationRep:
    Opal 1 or 2, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Mill street. seems like everyone's living at opal

ReputationRep:
    I think it's only because it's so large haha

ReputationRep:
    I'm so nerves haha i'm coming over from Ireland and i don't know anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Wow long way to come! But i wouldn't worry about not knowing anyone I think everyone is in the same boat there

ReputationRep:
    Do you know anyone thats going?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.