The Student Room Group

Are there any other girls out there who don't have their eyebrows done?

Scroll to see replies

I pluck them occasionally but I've never had them done, they're not very high maintenance brows.
I get mine threaded, and also fill them in because they're so sparse
Original post by Secretnerd123
What alternatives are there to plucking and threading? I've never done my eyebrows but there are a few stray hairs I want to get rid of but dont want to thread or pluck

Waxing!
Reply 23
I went to get them done once... ONCE.. I've been told my eyebrows are nice but when my mum went once, I thought I'd try it too, but it was too painful for me :/ I don't pluck either, I've been totally put off from doing anything to them 0.o

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyxrose
Waxing!

Will it change the shape of my brows? If it won't, then i'll consider it.
To me eyebrows are quite a defining part of a female face, and I think good eyebrows make someone that bit more attractive. Not just meaning pretty, but also more attractive because they (meaning the person) look more tidy and neat and well groomed.

Therefore I really struggle to understand why more girls don't take pride in their eyebrows, when they have well groomed/cut/styled/dyed hair and make the effort to shave and wax their legs etc etc. It makes no sense.

If theres a girl who doesn't shave, wax, take care of her appearance in any way in general, of course I wouldn't expect her to know what to do with her eyebrows either or care about them. I just mean when a girl takes a decent level of care of every part of herself except her eyebrows.

Two friends I have at uni are attractive girls but if you actually look at their eyebrows they are horrific - bushy and they never touch them. If they plucked them into a suitable shape their faces would become so much more striking in a good way.

I pluck, shape, comb and sometimes use a bit of eyebrow pencil as I have dyed dark hair and my eyebrows are light brown/blonde and really thin.
Original post by überambitious_ox
I have really thick ones, but have only recently started thinking about getting them done as although thick, they aren't messy.

What are your brows like? Do you have them done? What shape?

My eyebrows are quite bushy and thick however they do suit my face.Mine are seriously like Cara Delevingne's. The first time I had them threaded was about 7 months ago only because my family literally forced me to do it and as an incentive they paid for me do get them "fixed".
I mean when I had them done they looked good after I put make up on but when I didn't (which is most of the time) they looked bad.
Considering that, I do recommend getting them done
Original post by lou_100
To me eyebrows are quite a defining part of a female face, and I think good eyebrows make someone that bit more attractive. Not just meaning pretty, but also more attractive because they (meaning the person) look more tidy and neat and well groomed.

Therefore I really struggle to understand why more girls don't take pride in their eyebrows, when they have well groomed/cut/styled/dyed hair and make the effort to shave and wax their legs etc etc. It makes no sense.

If theres a girl who doesn't shave, wax, take care of her appearance in any way in general, of course I wouldn't expect her to know what to do with her eyebrows either or care about them. I just mean when a girl takes a decent level of care of every part of herself except her eyebrows.

Two friends I have at uni are attractive girls but if you actually look at their eyebrows they are horrific - bushy and they never touch them. If they plucked them into a suitable shape their faces would become so much more striking in a good way.

I pluck, shape, comb and sometimes use a bit of eyebrow pencil as I have dyed dark hair and my eyebrows are light brown/blonde and really thin.

Some religions aren't allowed to touch their eyebrows...some prohibit removal of any kind of hair. Depends really, it's probably due to religious reasons

Posted from TSR Mobile
Too many girls eyebrows looking like Nike ticks nowadays
Mine are thick but I just get them tidied up and tinted
Reply 30
I get my eyebrows threaded every 2 weeks to keep them looking neat, they grow in so fast as I have thick dark hair, one reason I wish I had fair hair as I wouldn'tspend so much money on hair removal!
I started off getting them waxed when I was 10 - they were very bushy before that!
Reply 31
my eyebrows are curly, i cant straighten them so i leave them it looks bad though.
Reply 32
I've been threading my eyebrows since I was 11, yet I still cry like a baby every time :rolleyes:

It makes such a difference though, definitely worth doing.
I'd never go anywhere to get mine done, I'm too scared they'll pluck the crap out of them! Doing them yourself is pretty easy, in my opinion.
Reply 34
◕_◕ ༽つ unibrow ◕_◕ ༽つ

Well if 'life's too short to stuff a mushroom' it's certainly too short to spend hours fiddling with your eyebrows!
Reply 36
I used to get them done but then I realised they didn't look good on me, so I stopped. I haven't gotten them done for quite a while now and think they are fine. I just neaten them using eyeliner and mascara :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by überambitious_ox
I have really thick ones, but have only recently started thinking about getting them done as although thick, they aren't messy.

What are your brows like? Do you have them done? What shape?

Yep I dont have mine done, but mainly because Its against my religion (Islam) and people say my eyebrows look nice anyways, so why bother?:smile:
Reply 38
I hate those fake looking eyebrows that a lot of girls have these days, I don't get how they can actually think they look good??? I suppose it's the same as bright orange fake tan!!! Have a look at yourself, like.
Reply 39
yeah
i dont touch mine because it already looks done

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending