Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been undecided on whether I should take my masters or PGCE this year and after a lot of deliberation I've finally decided to go straight into a PGCE (I'm a philosopher and an indecisive one at that).

There are 'vacancies' left on some courses across the country and I'm currently looking at Bristol and Exeter. My question is too the likelihood of getting onto one of these courses? Has anyone had experience/known someone to get onto a PGCE this late?

Any comments, suggestions and information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Student Room x

ReputationRep:
    You need to specify which PGCE you want to do. Some are more likely to have places than others - Secondary English, Secondary History and Primary are all incredibly popular, whereas Secondary Maths, and Secondary Sciences are all relatively under-subscribed. I'd say that even with the over-subscribed courses you could probably get a place somewhere in the country, but if it's not where you want to go then it might be worth holding off a year.

ReputationRep:
    I have just replied to a similar thread here...
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2740872

in short...plenty of places are still available but make sure the 'provider' will actually be processing the applications over the summer and not just sit on them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.