Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feminists: Please explain the thinking behind the 'free bleeding' mentality? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This might seem like silly question, but i am trying to get to the root cause of modern feminist thinking.

I may not agree with all of their thinking, but I can understand why feminists don't want to shave; Why they think its ok to copy degenereate male sexual behaviour; why they think childbirth is unfair; why they think equality means being able to **** up, like men **** up, and not get judged; why they think makeup is sexist; why they want equal pay for doing less work ( tennis is a prime example ); why they want to dominate custody of children.......But not using sanitary towels??!! How exactly does this further the feminist cause??!!

Awaiting feminist responses.....

ReputationRep:
    oh god I hope this doesn't mean what I think it means...

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand it myself. It's not terribly polite to go around staining everything, not to mention impractical to clean it all. And it's just gross to me

ReputationRep:
    If they think the patriarchy is going to buy them new underwear, they've got another thing comin'.

ReputationRep:
    Feminists are slobs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what you mean by modern feminism. I'm going to assume you mean the radical nonsense that TSR has been talking about a lot lately. In which case I would say the root cause is a combination of too much free time and good old insanity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would love to know if red ferry is a supporter of this. :perv:

ReputationRep:
    I am a feminist and i disagree with it. It's unhygeinic and stupid. And also I've never met any feminists, either online or irl, who believe in free bleeding. I've only heard of them, which must mean a very small minority of extremists think it's okay to bleed freely.

ReputationRep:
    Not too sure about free bleeding but I sure wish tampons and pads were free. A girl can dream

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh for ****'s sake it's not ****ing real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Algorithm69)
    Well they expect the Patriarchy to buy them contraception, new underwear as well doesn't seem like such a stretch.
    Why shouldn't contraception be available to everyone?

It's funny how I never hear any actual feminists on here banging on about this stuff you lot bring up. You are arguing against ghosts.

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard of this but it sounds gross

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone actually do this? Sounds more like an urban myth or maybe 1 or 2 random tumblr feminazis did it at some point.
    • Welcome Squad

I don't think this is real.
    I think what's more likely, is that people want to move away from periods being considered taboo.
    I mean, some women get embarrassed buying products, it's seen as something that should never be publically discussed. And God forbid you have an accidental leak.

Come on people, most if not all women will have this so why is it such a big deal/taboo to talk about.

ReputationRep:
    It isn't even a real thing! It was a troll created online.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marky Mark)
    Would love to know if red ferry is a supporter of this. :perv:
    I shouldn't of laughed at that.... but I did! haha classic! :clap2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Why shouldn't contraception be available to everyone?

It's funny how I never hear any actual feminists on here banging on about this stuff you lot bring up. You are arguing against ghosts.
    Try sitting in my equality and diversity lectures for sociology :facepalm: no joke most of it does crop up.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imtelling)
    This might seem like silly question, but i am trying to get to the root cause of modern feminist thinking.

I may not agree with all of their thinking, but I can understand why feminists don't want to shave; Why they think its ok to copy degenereate male sexual behaviour; why they think childbirth is unfair; why they think equality means being able to **** up, like men **** up, and not get judged; why they think makeup is sexist; why they want equal pay for doing less work ( tennis is a prime example ); why they want to dominate custody of children.......But not using sanitary towels??!! How exactly does this further the feminist cause??!!

I will NEVER understand 'feminists'. Most of the women that claim to be feminist don't actually know the meaning of it and think it's some sort of men hating and damning society :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanB1991)
    Try sitting in my equality and diversity lectures for sociology :facepalm: no joke most of it does crop up.....

What sort of stuff crops up in those lessons?.....I imagine it to be a hours and hours of hearing how evil white straight males are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imtelling)

It's a hoax. Nothing to do with feminism. A quick google could have prevented you from creating such an unnecessary thread. But that would have spoiled your fun, wouldn't it?

(Original post by StayCee089)
    I will NEVER understand 'feminists'.
    Without feminism you wouldn't have a vote, equal pay for equal work or a shot at further education. I suggest that you stop decrying a movement that has tirelessly endeavoured to give you a better life.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.